• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Falmouth HS student brings handgun to school. Father loses LTC.

The gun was cocked and the safety was off, Dunne said, but the weapon, which has a capacity for seven bullets, was empty. Had the gun been loaded, it could have easily fired, he said.

Well duh! but since it wasn't loaded there was no way possible for it to be fired

The gun was cocked and the safety was off, Dunne said, but the weapon, which has a capacity for seven bullets, was empty. Had the gun been loaded, it could have easily fired, he said.

We have got to do something about this epidemic of guns firing themselves! Clearly this is bad PR for our cause.

The police have also revoked the pistol permit of the teen's father and are removing other weapons from the father's home, Riello said. The gun belongs to the teen's father, but it appears the father was not aware that his son obtained the weapon, Riello said

From the article

The forcefield was probably down for maintenance.

Shields down to 24%

tumblr_lyszsigY141qm36c1o1_500.gif

Another nice gun going to the scrap heap in the sky............... unless, "oops, did anyone see where that Colt went to?". I'm sure the local PDs have misplaced guns in the past.

The dad gets no sympathy from me. He didn't raise his kid right and didn't properly store his gun - especially in light of how trustworthy his kid is.

I am sorry? Really.

The chief said the teen's parents are cooperating fully and that his father is "shocked" that his son was able to get the weapon out of his locked gun cabinet. Police are removing all other weapons from the home and have revoked the father's gun permit.

Read more: http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/30483311/detail.html#ixzz1mfmaVcx6

That's called trespass. The kid committed it.

"his father is "shocked" that his son was able to get the weapon out of his locked gun cabinet."

So the father hasn't done anything wrong (by PRM legal standards)? I think he has a case for a) getting his guns back and b) getting his LTC back. There's no way he can be considered unfit. Any decision to the contrary would be "arbitrary and capricious."

This is what concerns the COP most. Apparently, his network failed him.

"The thing that concerns me most is that there are students who knew about this and didn't say anything," Riello said.

Riello is a Class A douchebag, so the "steal the fathers guns and his LTC without any kind of investigation" reaction doesn't surprise me.

-Mike

The father had taken steps to secure the firearms. The reports indicate that no MA storage laws were violated.
The son breaks into the firearms storage and steals the gun; then complicates matters by taking the stolen gun into the school.
Is the son in jail or back home with dad?
Not that fairness matters in mASSachusetts but punishing the father who didn't break the laws is wrong.
I can see the police hanging onto the stolen handgun as the criminal charges wind through the system.
There is no justification,(IMHO which carries no influence,) for the police to consficate the father's LTC and his remaining firearms.
Best regards.

When will the confiscated guns be re distributed? Auction?
Stupid kid. Dad should have stressed to the kid how touchy the state is in regards to firearms. What are the chances either one will ever get an LTC on this state?

Back
Top Bottom