• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Fallriver Ma is red now what

Status
Not open for further replies.
My son-in-law despite having gone thru the NRA Pistol Course, Home firearm safety and spending a couple years in Irag with the Marines was deemed not worthy for ALP in Fall River. He was restricted to sporting. Despite the training classes and military service the firearms officer said "I don't even know if you know how to use a gun". They're moving to a green town in May.

The unfortunate thing is the issuing PD holds jurisdiction over your gun license until it expires regardless of moving out of the town/city. Your son-in-law may not see an unrestricted license until he submits for renewal with the new PD.

I beg to differ, if you are willing to put your stones on the chopping block for this nation of retards some slack should be accorded to you.

So, you are implying that you want this right to not be a right, but a privilege? Got it. Nice job outing yourself.

Perhaps we should have two classes of citizens, like Heinlein envisioned in Starship Troopers?

Interspersed throughout the book are other flashbacks to Rico's high school History and Moral Philosophy course, which describe how in the Terran Federation of Rico's day, the rights of a full Citizen (to vote, and hold public office) must be earned through some form of volunteer Federal service. Those residents who have not exercised their right to perform this Federal Service retain the other rights generally associated with a modern democracy (free speech, assembly, etc.), but they cannot vote or hold public office.

Should people who have served, receive some benefits for that service? Yes. Should those benefits include rights that are denied to other citizens? NO.

I have never served, but I have a high degree of respect for those who have. It is my understanding that people who serve, frequently do so to preserve rights for all Americans, not just themselves or their fellow service members. If this is not true, then Orwell was right about some animals being more equal than others.

So if I understand correctly, you feel that service members have a higher claim to 2A rights than the rest of us?

NO! I think all gun restrictions are pure BULLSHIT! and a violation of our GOD GIVEN RIGHTS. PERIOD! The Constitution codifies those rights and NO ONE should be able to infringe on those rights. PERIOD

Unfortunately we have been asleep at the wheel and we have allowed those ass sucking weasels that have attached themselves to our wallet to bully us into thinking that they know better than we do. Now WE have to live with the frikin system that WE allowed to happen. Until WE can change it back to what it SHOULD be peacefully and, if necessary, with "refreshing the tree of liberty". WE have to live with our own stupidity!

With all that said, A person that has put his stones on the block deserves additional consideration under the currently ****ed up system that is in place. He earned it!

Last edited:
The unfortunate thing is the issuing PD holds jurisdiction over your gun license until it expires regardless of moving out of the town/city. Your son-in-law may not see an unrestricted license until he submits for renewal with the new PD.

Yeah he knows that. But getting out of Fall Riv is a good thing for so many reasons

NO! I think all gun restrictions are pure BULLSHIT! and a violation of our GOD GIVEN RIGHTS. PERIOD! The Constitution codifies those rights and NO ONE should be able to infringe on those rights. PERIOD

Unfortunately we have been asleep at the wheel and we have allowed those ass sucking weasels that have attached themselves to our wallet to bully us into thinking that they know better than we do. Now WE have to live with the frikin system that WE allowed to happen. Until WE can change it back to what it SHOULD be peacefully and, if necessary, with "refreshing the tree of liberty". WE have to live with our own stupidity!

With all that said, A person that has put his stones on the block deserves additional consideration under the currently ****ed up system that is in place. He earned it!

So really, you mean "Yes!"

So really, you mean "Yes!"

Please read closely and try to see the nuance

1) Gun restrictions are BULLSHIT
2) NO Citizen should ever be restricted from owing a firearm (that includes felons!)
3) Our license system is ****ed up
4) people that have served their county deserve some consideration in our ****ed up licensing system for their sacrifice (it is substantial in some cases)

and the questions was "you feel that service members have a higher claim to 2A rights than the rest of us"

No they don't have a higher claim but they do deserve consideration under the system that has been forced upon us.

GOT IT?

Last edited:

2) NO Citizen should ever be restricted from owing a firearm (that includes felons!)
4) people that have served their county deserve some consideration in our ****ed up licensing system for their sacrifice (it is substantial in some cases)

and the questions was "you feel that service members have a higher claim to 2A rights than the rest of us"

No they don't have a higher claim but they do deserve consideration under the system that has been forced upon us.

GOT IT?

If you really agreed, you would admonish the system and leave it at that. Your "well, under this system, yes..." is contradictory.

You guys are cockfighting over a system that shouldn't exist, and latitude that will NEVER be granted.

The really red towns in this state hate LEOs not from their own town, so you can forget about current or ex military EVER having special consideration, making the argument somewhat moot.

You guys are also missing the point of these laws and the mindset of people who restrict licenses. They exist to **** with people and reduce the number of licensees. They don't care how much anyone "deserves" a license anyways.

So all of this "ex XYZ123 should get better treatment" stuff is pissing into the wind. It's not happening. Not to mention people like "Big Sis" consider vets a security risk. Ponder that one for a moment. [sad2]

-Mike

GOT IT?

I see your point, and understand where it comes from (I think). I have a great deal of respect for those who volunteer to serve our country. Where I have a problem is in a red city like Fall River, if you even get issued a LTC, it has BS restrictions on it. I think it's fair to say that someone with firearm training courtesy of the USMC meets and exceeds the basic requirements of gun safety. But to go past that and say that because someone was in the service, they should jump over the rest of the population, and get a no-restriction LTC because of that, I believe is wrong.

So I guess we are in agreement with 1, 2, and 3. Partial agreement on 4.

FreeWillie, I understand what you're saying and the sentiment behind it. If MA law were changed tomorrow to say that all vets shall be issued an an LTC-A for ALP it doesn't address the real problem. All it would do is create another protected class of people with more rights than others. We already have the "suitability" stupidity in MA, where 351 feudal lords get to determine rights for the residents of their little feifdoms.

I'm not trying to attack you. I'm just frustrated with a system that dermines people's rights based on geography. I don't want any more band-aid patches. The existing system is broken. Like diseased tissue, it needs to be removed so the body can heal.

I see your point, and understand where it comes from (I think). I have a great deal of respect for those who volunteer to serve our country. Where I have a problem is in a red city like Fall River, if you even get issued a LTC, it has BS restrictions on it. I think it's fair to say that someone with firearm training courtesy of the USMC meets and exceeds the basic requirements of gun safety. But to go past that and say that because someone was in the service, they should jump over the rest of the population, and get a no-restriction LTC because of that, I believe is wrong.

So I guess we are in agreement with 1, 2, and 3. Partial agreement on 4.

I'm not saying they should "jump over the population". I'm saying the whole license thing is bullshit! You shouldn't need to have a license to own a firearm. PERIOD! But given the system that WE have let those asswipes on Beacon Hill force on us, I think military personnel should get a pass on some things. That's it, nothing more.

Move out of the Riv, I did. lol. What part of the city are you from?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom