Fall Turkeys

Anyone around here trying to get some fall turkeys? I'm going for the first time and would love some pointers! I've been scoping out a few spots the past couple weeks and have seen a few birds, but no other humans. Is there anyone else out there?

Had 3 meals-on-foot in my back yard yesterday!

Can't shoot or hunt in my town and I guess the turkeys have read our bylaws so they feel safe here.

went to Townsend Hill WMA, and nothing, went to Townsend State Park, which is bigger area than T.Hill, and nothing.... but saw a big flock waking around on my way back home here in Acton. I will try some other areas this week looking for a better luck... need one for thanksgiving...ashburnham ma or wachusett ma maybe...

went to Townsend Hill WMA, and nothing, went to Townsend State Park, which is bigger area than T.Hill, and nothing.... but saw a big flock waking around on my way back home here in Acton. I will try some other areas this week looking for a better luck... need one for thanksgiving...ashburnham ma or wachusett ma maybe...
If you can't hunt the back yards of the people that attract them with cracked corn…find a farmer that will allow you to hunt his property.He can tell you what's around or watch where the livestock is fed.There is a good chance birds will be feeding on the excess and pattern them to find their route to and from feeding.

If you can't hunt the back yards of the people that attract them with cracked corn…find a farmer that will allow you to hunt his property.He can tell you what's around or watch where the livestock is fed.There is a good chance birds will be feeding on the excess and pattern them to find their route to and from feeding.

Be careful, some would consider that baiting/hunting over bait

Where I live, you don't even need a weapon.

You can just get up close and grab one.

Go ahead and try that just make sure you video tape it . I'm sure plenty of people would enjoy that show just make sure your insurance is paid in full.I grabbed a Tom that i had just shot with a broadhead and he tore me up . Trust me don't mess with a full size turkey.

What are people using, guillotine style tips?

I use the rage 2 blade, opens them up and they drop. The guillotine blades you gotta be real close and spot on, I find that a bit tough so Rage has been my choice for years. Biggest challenge with fall turkey is calling them in.

Sent from the blind

Back
Top Bottom