• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Fall Fishing off Cape Cod (pics)

glostamon

NES Member
I had a couple people wondering where I've been "Hiding"the last few days.
I've been conducting operations down Nantucket way, thought I'd share some pics.

sealnife018.jpg

sealnife014.jpg

sealnife015.jpg

sealnife016.jpg

sealnife021-1.jpg

Once hooked how long does it take you to land a fish like that?

I'm just trying to imagine what that must feel like. I know the fight a 15 pound blue fish puts up.

Damn... and congrats again!

Rich

Once hooked how long does it take you to land a fish like that?

I'm just trying to imagine what that must feel like. I know the fight a 15 pound blue fish puts up.

Damn... and congrats again!

Rich

It took about 45 mins. to get her onboard.My buddy and I switch off reeling/steering the boat.
Once its close we throw a harpoon in its head,wrap its tail w/ a rope & drag it.
It beats the $hit out of you,(whole body hangover)we caught two others(smaller 270 & 387).

I feel like the sides of beef in the meat locker when Rocky Balboa was trainin' old school (Rocky I) [laugh]

Will you guys go out again? Are there limits to what you can catch in a season? Is there a legal fishing season, or is it just when they are in this neighborhood?

Fascinating! And congrats again... that is a mammoth fish! OK... I've gotta ask... is that the biggest you've caught?

DAMN!

Will you guys go out again? Are there limits to what you can catch in a season? Is there a legal fishing season, or is it just when they are in this neighborhood?

Fascinating! And congrats again... that is a mammoth fish! OK... I've gotta ask... is that the biggest you've caught?

DAMN!

2 Yes(s)
1 Kindda
1 No
Theres nothing like "Big-Game" hunting,everyone should try some form of it aleast twice in their lifetime.~Glostamon

That one dressed out at 488lbs.
Due to high fat content it will fetch about $12-$13 per pound or aprox $6K

So you get to sell the damn thing, too? Who buys it? Do you have to solicit private fish markets, or..?

Damn - a great time on a boat doing some hard core fishing, and then you get paid for it, too? Seems like a good deal! [cheers]

So you get to sell the damn thing, too? Who buys it? Do you have to solicit private fish markets, or..?

Damn - a great time on a boat doing some hard core fishing, and then you get paid for it, too? Seems like a good deal! [cheers]

Thats the idea.
You call the "Tuna Buyer" on your way in.
We unloaded in Chatham,The Company is based in Japan,there is a huge asian market for Tuna.
There are dozens of boats fishing outhere,its not uncommon for 2 or 3 tuna per boat per day right now,"The Bites ON!"

Back
Top Bottom