FAL Build In Progress !UPDATED 4-22-2009!

Good news and bad news.

Good news... looks outstanding so far.

Bad news... try finding affordable ammo for it. [sad2]

Edit to add... tip, instead of buying an extractor tool, you can make one yourself from some heavy gauge steel wire or coat hanger wire.

bubba1.jpg

bubba2.jpg

bubba3.jpg

More details on the FAL files if you're signed up over there...

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16755&highlight=Bubba+extractor+tool&

Last edited:
Thanks LoginNAme. I find the FAL forums very informative. Some of those guys are experts at WECSOG and I love those threads in particular.

I am a complete tool junkie and own just about every conceivable AK, AR, FAL and Mauser tool available. However this is one instance where I just could not justify it.
Removing a FAL extractor is just too easy to require one. Clamp the bolt in a soft jawed vise, insert a punch into the hole, compress the spring and remove the extractor. It's so easy even a caveman could do it.

I bought one from a FAL FILES MP Ad.

It cost me all of 10.00 so I figured why not.

BTW Here is my fal pistol ready to do the transfer.
http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4150&d=1240676116

and what it will look like after Its completed.
attachment.php

I am a complete tool junkie and own just about every conceivable AK, AR, FAL and Mauser tool available. However this is one instance where I just could not justify it.
Removing a FAL extractor is just too easy to require one. Clamp the bolt in a soft jawed vise, insert a punch into the hole, compress the spring and remove the extractor. It's so easy even a caveman could do it.

Attachments

• FAL Pistol.jpg
    FAL Pistol.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 486
  • FAL Pistol w barrel.jpg
    FAL Pistol w barrel.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 42
+1 for thorough documentation of an awesome build!
Nice FAL Tracker, Vic. (inside joke for Vic and I)

-JR

a well deserved bump to an awesome thread. Inspired me to put one together, Argentine style.

IMG_1129.jpg

thanks for the great thread, vicpinto! Hopefully one day I can fire this next to your work of art. Your rifle looks amazing in person.

Holy thread resurrection Batman! Glad the thread helped you Flintoid. Looks like you got yourself a nice looking piece.

Back
Top Bottom