Fake surefire and how to spot it

M1911a1g17

NES Member
Hello all. I was wondering if any of you have had experience with Surefire flashlights and potentially how to spot fake ones? I bought one of amazon from amazon direct. Havent got it yet but worried it maybe fake.

Surefires are generally pretty solid flashlights. If it feels cheap, it's probably fake.

I have a couple, one is almost 20 years old and still works. Was once the brightest flashlight on the market, today it's kinda 'meh' compared to what's out there, but it's still heavy and built like a tank.

Amazon stores all of the same product together, regardless of supplier, if it's fulfilled by Amazon then you can get fake shit. Anything important you should get directly from a reputable manufacturer.

Amazon stores all of the same product together, regardless of supplier, if it's fulfilled by Amazon then you can get fake shit. Anything important you should get directly from a reputable manufacturer.
Shit. I just ordered an off brand extension cord from Amazon. Hope I don't get a forgery of an off brand cord.

Last edited:

Nailed it with the above comments. I make NO distinction between China-bay or Fake-azon. You HAVE to do your research, READ the item listing very carefully , and as always if your normally $200 item is listed on Amazon for $34 then it's fake . I've been screwed over a few times by buying lack of knowledge .

I just received a bathroom light from amazon. Says so on the packaging. Unfortunately it’s actually a set of Christmas coloring books.

Mother in law bought a cheap lamp from Aldis. Plugged it in, POP went the circuit breaker. Brought it back, and the clerk said she bought the same lamp, and same thing happened......

All SureFire and EOTech are serial numbered.

You can call up and confirm.

Pinty had $30 scopes for $5.

I bought 200 of them.

I think they might ave been fakes.

Started a cottage industry and sold them on eBay for $25 shipped. Made a handsome profit but it was time consuming.

Back
Top Bottom