• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Failed humor do to lack of caffine....feel free to lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So God forbid they do get a FED AWB like 1994s passed; how would this affect AWBs in states like MA, CA, NY?

Since the 1994 grandfathered items prior to it, I would think the new one would have to do the same.
Then, if FED AWB overrides the states......wouldn't that mean there would be a bunch of "new" pre-ban mags for the states? Like I could then legally go and get a "pre-ban" M&P high cap mag. [smile]

Edit the big cheeky smile is to be sarcastic to show us trapped in MA could get new High caps....I am not panicking and truly believe we won't see any big changes in near future.

Last edited:
No panic here......It actually was supposed to be sarcastic in that us trapped in places like MA might be able to de-cripple our modern pistols currently limited if a FED AWB overrides the States.

Short answer: If the federal law grandfathered items prior to (say) 2011 and your state only grandfathered those before 1994/5, then you'd "only" be committing a state crime by possessing a magazine from between those years. A federal law banning X doesn't mean the state can't ban more, assuming the law's constitutionality, with some exceptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom