• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Factory refurb your ACOG: $414.32

rep308

NES Member
My 15 year old ACOG sights no longer glow red due to the tritium degrading. I contact Trijicon about refirb'ing the scope and got the following:

Thank you for your patronage of Trijicon products and we do apologize for the delay of reply. You are welcome to send your ACOG for inspection/service at any time. Currently, we can re-work your optic for $414.32 with approximately 2-4 weeks turnaround. Please use the following link to get return authorization. http://www.trijicon.com/rma.cfm

I'm glad they offer the service, it is just too pricey for me since everything else other than the glow works fine

Thanks for posting that, I bought a used ACOG from ebay for $850 and sent in the serial number and got back a born on date of 'Mid to late 90s'. It still glows but not as bright as my new RX30 so I was going to ask them the same question. That's abit too pricey for me right now too.

From what I read elsewhere they do a top notch job and it will look brand new when you get it back. I'm thinking about finding some of those small, inch long, glow sticks and fabricating a metal clip to hold it on the fiberoptic tube. That way it will glow nice in the dark when I need it.

Thanks for posting that, I bought a used ACOG from ebay for $850 and sent in the serial number and got back a born on date of 'Mid to late 90s'. It still glows but not as bright as my new RX30 so I was going to ask them the same question. That's abit too pricey for me right now too.

From what I read elsewhere they do a top notch job and it will look brand new when you get it back. I'm thinking about finding some of those small, inch long, glow sticks and fabricating a metal clip to hold it on the fiberoptic tube. That way it will glow nice in the dark when I need it.

If you are really handy, look into a small diode or led light to use with a small battery. My bow sight has this setup so I can turn on a little light before dark and the FO pins are bright as could be.

Just got another reply from Trijicon - my sight was made around 2002 in Wixom. Trijicon must be backed up as I sent the request a month ago but the latest reply seemed pretty definitive on date; so I guess a relamp won't due much good at this point - maybe acouple years.

I like the LED trick idea - I can take a trip to Radio Shack and stick it on with a micro SPST switch.

Back
Top Bottom