Factory Glock Sight Failure

F2386

NES Member
So I was fiddling around with my G17 the other day and I went to put it pack in the safe. It typically hangs inverted (and unloaded) in my holster at about chest height. I was rushing, not paying attention, and I didn't seat the gun properly into the holster. Low and behold, it immediately drops out, bounces off one of my rifles and clatters to the hardwood floor. I pick it up and give it a quick once over and put it back where it belonged. I head back to my safe and check my G17 later and I notice that the rear sight is not only dented but it's also about to fall out of its dovetail. Piece of crap plastic factory sights. I'm going to probably replace the sights for something with a bit more construction. I'm pissed because this incident demonstrated the fragility of what I had considered to be a reliable system. Not that the gun wouldn't operate without a rear sight, but a good sight picture is something I would never want to sacrifice.

Has this happened to anyone else?

In training classes, they teach you to rack you slide on your belt or on your boot - in case your hand is injured. The Glock owners who have plastic sights often loose them.

All Glocks should have metal sights. If you keep the plastic ones, you are looking for trouble.

Has this happened to anyone else?

probably but the first mods to any glock are: new sights, 3.5 pound connector and a smooth trigger for sub compacts and compacts.

just take this opportunity to swap them out. the regular glock sights suck anyways.

Back
Top Bottom