Facebook purge

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I am in a Facebook group (must ask to join) called Shed to Cabin. People convert tool sheds into rather impressive cabins. Then they talk about it and post pics of their cabins. One of the members coined a term for this, shabin. No, it doesn't mean "shit cabin" (my first thought) , it means "shed cabin". Well it turns out shabin in some obscure foreign language that no one in America would know about, is a racist term. So, they banned him for 2 weeks for his post.

Evidently, the words you use in English must never accidentally sound like a bad word from any other of the thousands of languages out there, and you will be held responsible if you slip up. Now if Facebook really wanted to be helpful, they could implement a feature like a grammar checker but cross references every word with every bad word of every language, and let you know. But instead you just get banned.

I'm pretty sure this is the dumbest thing I will hear this week, although the week isn't over yet. This is wicked retahded.

LoginName

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am in a Facebook group (must ask to join) called Shed to Cabin. People convert tool sheds into rather impressive cabins. Then they talk about it and post pics of their cabins. One of the members coined a term for this, shabin. No, it doesn't mean "shit cabin" (my first thought) , it means "shed cabin". Well it turns out shabin in some obscure foreign language that no one in America would know about, is a racist term. So, they banned him for 2 weeks for his post.

Evidently, the words you use in English must never accidentally sound like a bad word from any other of the thousands of languages out there, and you will be held responsible if you slip up. Now if Facebook really wanted to be helpful, they could implement a feature like a grammar checker but cross references every word with every bad word of every language, and let you know. But instead you just get banned.

I'm pretty sure this is the dumbest thing I will hear this week, although the week isn't over yet. This is wicked retahded.

Learned something new today...

"Shabin
Its when a black man and white woman or other way around have a mixed child, People in
Caribbean will call you a Shabin."

Urban Dictionary: Shabin

And it's so obscure that the Urban Dictionary is the only verifiable source of the verboten definition...
most of the other Google hits return the shed/cabin thing.

new guy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Last night I hear my 5 year old sobbing in the other room and telling the 3 year old to apologize to him. I walk in and the 5 yo says the 3 yo was hitting him in the face with a guitar. I yell at the 3 yo, etc.

It turns out the 3 yo had only bumped him in the shoulder with it, so I ask the 5 yo why he was crying. Evidently he had his flu shot this week... on the other arm.

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
so, back to the original post Facebook Purge.
If its like the Purge movies....

lazypengu1n

NES Member
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
I'm in my mid 30's and absolutely despise any social media platform because the people who I know in real life and have actual conversations and interactions who are worth my time know how to contact me directly or find me.

Too many people posting stuff that doesn't affect or concern me and then they get upset when I didn't see or comment. No one has time for that who has a real job and works 9-5 and has to drive 1-2 hours each way everyday.

I can go on and on but yeah... Social Media, no thank you.

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
As of today, most of those in alternative media I would want to listen to havealready been banned from most/all major platforms. Facebook, youtube, twitter, patreon, paypal, etc. Today it's Gavin McInnis for alleged "copyright violations", obviously bogus since fair use allows playing clips necessary for critiquing them. And, the Gavin deplatforming coincides with The Blaze buying CRTV and immediately firing Gavin... just in case anyone wondered where Glenn Beck's loyalty lies, you now know for sure, as he is more than happy to assist in the deplatforming of those he's told to deplatform.

A couple days ago, Patreon banned Sargon of Akkad, just because. There's a new alternative to Patreon, called SubscribeStar. I would encourage everyone to dump Patreon and use SubscribeStar for people who are setting up to receive donations via SubscribeStar.

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Facebook did another purge a few days ago. Paul Joseph Watson, Laura Loomer, and Milo. They also threw in Farrakhan, just so they can go "See we're not banning conservatives". Although Farrakhan actually is the only one of those banned that actually incites violence and hatred.

@Timcast

And, We Are Change - Luke Rudkowski, also blocked from posting on Facebook. He actually does real journalism, not the yellow journalism click-bait crap that Alex Jones does.

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Well this is interesting... facebook updated its community standards to allow calls for violence against those they disagree with. This would include calls for violence against people like Paul Joseph Watson and Carey Wedler (since they are in the disapproved/banned list).

You can read it here so that I'm not making it up:

Community Standards | Facebook

See section "Do not post", then read:

Calls for high-severity violence (unless the target is an organization or individual covered in the Dangerous Individuals and Organizations policy, or is described as having carried out violent crimes or sexual offenses, wherein criminal/predator status has been established by media reports, market knowledge of news event, etc.)
Statements advocating for high-severity violence (unless the target is an organization or individual covered in the Dangerous Individuals and Organizations policy, or is described as having carried out violent crimes or sexual offenses, wherein criminal/predator status has been established by media reports, market knowledge of news event, etc.);
Aspirational or conditional statements to commit high-severity violence (unless the target is an organization or individual covered in the Dangerous Individuals and Organizations policy, or is described as having carried out violent crimes or sexual offenses, wherein criminal/predator status has been established by media reports, market knowledge of news event, etc.)
This sounds illegal to me. Facebook must be getting extra confident in its ability to tell people what to do, if they think they can get away with publicly inciting violence against those they don't like.

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This sounds illegal to me. Facebook must be getting extra confident in its ability to tell people what to do, if they think they can get away with publicly inciting violence against those they don't like.
i am assuming the "people facebook does not like" are all coincidentally conservatives?
So if facebook is advocating violence against conservatives, maybe time for conservatives to provide some instand karma to them

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Does facebook still allow Antifa BS? If they still allow that that's basically "all anyone needs to know" about their censorship policy.

LoginName

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reading between the lines here, but it looks like the recent updates have to be in reference to Jeffery Epstein...
click on Violence and Incitement > Recent Updates
and the following is highlighted...

"Statements of intent to commit high-severity violence; or
Calls for high-severity violence (unless the target is an organization or individual covered in the Dangerous Individuals and Organizations policy

or is described as having carried out violent crimes or sexual offenses, wherein criminal/predator status has been established by
media reports, market knowledge of news event, etc.)"

LoginName

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Weird... looks like they changed it again.

This is what I saw about 15 minutes ago...

facebook 1.jpg
This is what it looks like now...

facebook 2.jpg

VetteGirlMA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Facebook just did a new purge of 800+ accounts. I almost ignored it, because I figured it would be weird shit that no one cared about, like scammers and such. But, then I looked and a bunch of pages I had subscribed to are among the purge. This includes things like Free Thought Project, which often has well written articles. They banned pages that opposed cop violence, filming the police, anti war pages, and hemp of all things... hemp! You can't get high from hemp, but you can make clothing from it. Clothing! The horror! (Yeah I know... they're probably mostly concerned about it competing with Big Pharma.)

f*** facebook... I'm done with it.

‘Facebook Purge’: List of Deleted Pages on Left & Right | Heavy.com
I don't think I would put something on facebook even if I were in immediate peril of being boiled alive in red hot lava from a surprise unknown volcano that suddenly erupted in western MA.

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Weird... looks like they changed it again.

This is what I saw about 15 minutes ago...

View attachment 292445
This is what it looks like now...

View attachment 292447
Good catch... yup, you're right. They changed it. I'm surprised the original got through at all... big companies normally have an army of lawyers that must approve stuff like this before it gets out. They always go with caution rather than something that could get them in legal trouble. I've never met a lawyer that would be all like "Sure, your company is telling its users it is okay to illegally incite violence? That's just great, go with it!" Whenever I have to deal with the company lawyers, their default response is always deny all requests, unless you prove to them otherwise that it is safe to do.

LoginName

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good catch... yup, you're right. They changed it. I'm surprised the original got through at all... big companies normally have an army of lawyers that must approve stuff like this before it gets out. They always go with caution rather than something that could get them in legal trouble. I've never met a lawyer that would be all like "Sure, your company is telling its users it is okay to illegally incite violence? That's just great, go with it!" Whenever I have to deal with the company lawyers, their default response is always deny all requests, unless you prove to them otherwise that it is safe to do.
This is what they have up there now...

July 2019
I: Violence and Criminal Behavior
The language we previously used to describe our policies against violence and incitement was imprecise. We have since replaced it to more clearly explain the policy and underlying rationale.

Could have been a brain fart... miscommunication... someone took it upon themselves to post it with having a supervisor read and approve it,
"Nooooooo, you f***ing idiot. Thats NOT what you were told to post. Quick, change it now before someone sees it!", etc.

Reminds me of the time not that long ago when some bonehead that was running AOCs 'Green New Deal' website stated that if someone
just didn't feel like working, that's fine and they'd still receive benefits (or some shit like that).

That blunder wasn't up long, but it was up long enough to be archived. [laugh]

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
This is what they have up there now...

July 2019
I: Violence and Criminal Behavior
The language we previously used to describe our policies against violence and incitement was imprecise. We have since replaced it to more clearly explain the policy and underlying rationale.

Could have been a brain fart... miscommunication... someone took it upon themselves to post it with having a supervisor read and approve it,
"Nooooooo, you f***ing idiot. Thats NOT what you were told to post. Quick, change it now before someone sees it!", etc.

Reminds me of the time not that long ago when some bonehead that was running AOCs 'Green New Deal' website stated that if someone
just didn't feel like working, that's fine and they'd still receive benefits (or some shit like that).

That blunder wasn't up long, but it was up long enough to be archived. [laugh]
LOL at "imprecise" as the reason for the change. Actually, it was very precise, which was actually the problem. They need to keep things vague and then only enforce them against conservatives and libertarians.

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Try posting "Eric Ciaramella" on facebook and see if it goes away or you get banned. It seems to be true... a quick search for that name currently has exactly 3 posts that match. Meanwhile, I get tons of matches if I type "epstein whistleblower".

OnTheRoad

NES Member
Rating - 100%
113   0   0
3 time FB jail veteran here. I try to slip stuff by their bots using cover accounts by inverting photos and the like. My last response to someone's post was "Eric Ciaramella. Eric Ciaramella. Eric Ciaramella. Eric Ciaramella. Eric Ciaramella. Eric Ciaramella. Eric Ciaramella. Eric Ciaramella. Eric Ciaramella. Eric Ciaramella. Eric Ciaramella. Eric Ciaramella. Eric Ciaramella. Eric Ciaramella. Eric Ciaramella. Eric Ciaramella. Eric Ciaramella. Eric Ciaramella. Eric Ciaramella. Eric Ciaramella. Eric Ciaramella." Didn't get removed yet.

Fight the power!

whistleblower.jpg

Last edited:

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
My post has been up there 10 minutes so far. Maybe it only applies to public posts that someone could flag.

A while back when they were banning the word honk, I tested that and confirmed my post was instantly deleted.

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
It's gone! My Eric Ciaramella post is gone from facebook with no kind of notice or anything about it being removed. The notifications menu also doesn't show the notice it was showing yesterday about people who had clicked Like on my post.

So, it is true. It doesn't even have to be public or reported. I doubt anyone on my friend's list clicked the report button.

Top Bottom