Facebook purge

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Facebook just did a new purge of 800+ accounts. I almost ignored it, because I figured it would be weird shit that no one cared about, like scammers and such. But, then I looked and a bunch of pages I had subscribed to are among the purge. This includes things like Free Thought Project, which often has well written articles. They banned pages that opposed cop violence, filming the police, anti war pages, and hemp of all things... hemp! You can't get high from hemp, but you can make clothing from it. Clothing! The horror! (Yeah I know... they're probably mostly concerned about it competing with Big Pharma.)

f*** facebook... I'm done with it.

‘Facebook Purge’: List of Deleted Pages on Left & Right | Heavy.com

BostonVI

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I haven't gotten off of it yet, mostly because of the messenger, but I've dropped my time there to no more than five minutes per week. Less for privacy/blatant censorship reasons and more just because it seems to be better for my well being.

Honestly, I'd rather listen to what strangers on NES think more than the opinions of most people that I actually know.

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
The other fun thing is the stupid "fact checking" shit they are now putting underneath a lot of political posts. Like here's the thought police coming to tell you what to think.... etc.
But without that, how would I ever figure out that Babylon Bee article is fake?

Rockrivr1

NES Member
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Not a big surprise but they shut down a number of gun sites, including the primary Sig owners group. Very strange as they went out of their way to stay within the rules.

Golddiggie

NES Member
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
Never been on fecebook or twattle... I know that my sister, BIL, niece, nephew, and even mother are on fecebook. Still not enough reason for me to get on there. I'm on LinkedIn, NES, and eggheadforum... That's as close to 'social media' as I get. My blood pressure thanks me every day. :)

SeanT

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
The only reason my FB account isn’t deleted is because some groups use it as their only way to communicate (HOA, kids’ sports team, kids’ school groups). I only go in there when there’s a notification from them, just close right back out.

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Not a big surprise but they shut down a number of gun sites, including the primary Sig owners group. Very strange as they went out of their way to stay within the rules.
You must obey the rules of Facebook, even though they won't tell you what they are, or how you are breaking them.

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
The only reason my FB account isn’t deleted is because some groups use it as their only way to communicate (HOA, kids’ sports team, kids’ school groups). I only go in there when there’s a notification from them, just close right back out.
Yep, that's the main problem I have. Plus, family in the Philippines that only use facebook to communicate. (The free audio and video calling through it come in handy.) Other than that, I get bored really easily attempting to "catch up" with the feed, so I don't, and I have no idea what most are posting anymore. Plus, it randomly decides what posts from friends to show anyway, so there's no guarantee I'll ever see their updates. It's a really stupid design decision. MeWe will let you see everything, no randomly hiding of stuff... but, no one I know is on it, so...

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Instagram is where all the cool kids play now. All I follow is hot chicks, cars/bikes, and firearms.
My wife uses that. She likes to search for something and see pics of what hot chicks are wearing, so that she can emulate them. It doesn't really matter what you search for, as it will still return pics of hot chicks. Today, my wife searched for "pumpkins", and you guessed it, it returns tons of posts of hot chicks posing with pumpkins.

SpaceCritter

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife uses that. She likes to search for something and see pics of what hot chicks are wearing, so that she can emulate them. It doesn't really matter what you search for, as it will still return pics of hot chicks. Today, my wife searched for "pumpkins", and you guessed it, it returns tons of posts of hot chicks posing with pumpkins.
Really? What were they doing with the pumpkins? [shocked]

SpaceCritter

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I just had my first post-nuked-for-violating-community-standards. Not sure what community standard I violated. What I posted:

Election Day is next week. On this year's ballot are two referendum questions. Question 2 concerns public lands. Those places you like to ride, hike, picnic, etc.

Presently, the state legislature can, at its whim, sell, trade, give away, and otherwise dispose of, our state parks, forests and other state land. This is done oftentimes in backroom deals resulting in eleventh-hour end-of-session bill amendments known (appropriately enough) as "rats." These "rats" contain legal verbiage that scuttles any previous rules or legislative acts intended to protect public lands.

Our parks and forests should not be sold or traded in backroom political deals without public scrutiny. Question 2, asks us to approve an amendment to the state constitution to require a public hearing before state lands can be sold or traded, and a 2/3 vote of the legislature if it involves our most prized properties: our parks and forests. Several of our neighboring states have these important protections -- Connecticut should too!

For more information: Protect CT Public Lands – Protect your public lands
...along with the ProteCT Public Lands logo.

This was posted in a group belonging to an organization that has taken a position in favor of Question 2 (and I'm the admin of said group). I'm guessing Facebook is opposing it??

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Well, I just had my first post-nuked-for-violating-community-standards. Not sure what community standard I violated. What I posted:

...along with the ProteCT Public Lands logo.

This was posted in a group belonging to an organization that has taken a position in favor of Question 2 (and I'm the admin of said group). I'm guessing Facebook is opposing it??
Wow... I never read so much hate in my life! Just kidding. Can anyone join this group or see your post who may disapprove of it? From what I gather, these posts get flagged by whining Gladys Kravitz loser types who have nothing better to do with their pathetic useless lives than to harass others.

Ddi it give you any option to appeal the claim? I would say do whatever you can and see how they respond. Then report back here with the details. I want to see how absurd they can get, see if they double down on their double downs. Post about it elsewhere such as minds or gab (once it is back up), make a mockery of them.

SpaceCritter

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow... I never read so much hate in my life! Just kidding. Can anyone join this group or see your post who may disapprove of it? From what I gather, these posts get flagged by whining Gladys Kravitz loser types who have nothing better to do with their pathetic useless lives than to harass others.

Ddi it give you any option to appeal the claim? I would say do whatever you can and see how they respond. Then report back here with the details. I want to see how absurd they can get, see if they double down on their double downs. Post about it elsewhere such as minds or gab (once it is back up), make a mockery of them.
It's actually a closed group, but it has north of 1700 members (most of whom long predate me as admin). There was an option to appeal, which I promptly did.

yanquidog

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
The other fun thing is the stupid "fact checking" shit they are now putting underneath a lot of political posts. Like here's the thought police coming to tell you what to think.... etc.
Really, there isnt a story about DJT that doesn’t have at least one fact check around it. I was trying to remember if I ever saw that over the previous 10 yrs.
Can’t recall an instance of it though no matter how deep I go

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Today, Paypal banned bitchute, the number one alternative to youtube (not to mention facebook, which also hosts videos). I had been contributing monthly to bitchute using paypal, at least until I got my account deleted on paypal few weeks ago. (Otherwise, this would have done it.) The only remaining way to give money to bitchute is patreon, and I place low odds on that being an option for long, since patreon has already proven they are not a friend to liberty. Bitchute also accepts crypto, but then I gotta go get that first (sorry not using bitcoin, the transaction fees are too high).

It's a private company and they can do what they want, they say. Go start your own site if you don't like it, they say. Okay, I will, I present to you... bitchute! No wait, we didn't mean it... we'll seek you out wherever you go and get you shut down anyway.

Top Bottom