Facebook post : guns and fire extinguishers

If someone tell me that gun owners are "paranoics', I ask if fire extinguisher owners are paranoics as well. It usually confuses the opponent.
There is an important difference, however: I don't know anyone who would use a fire extinguisher for recreation, sport, or hunting. It is probably hard to imagine NES group fire extinguishing! [laugh]

Good post. But it went in circles a few times and there were spelling errors. But excellent point.

I never understood that the same people that trumpet the need for fire extinguishers (and seat belts, and health insurance, and car insurance, and fire detectors, and sidewalks, etc.) get their panties in a twist over keeping a firearm in the house or on your person.

Cheap insurance, IMHO.

If someone tell me that gun owners are "paranoics', I ask if fire extinguisher owners are paranoics as well. It usually confuses the opponent.
There is an important difference, however: I don't know anyone who would use a fire extinguisher for recreation, sport, or hunting. It is probably hard to imagine NES group fire extinguishing! [laugh]

When I was a kid I really really wanted to use a fire extinguisher, for recreational purposes.

In fact we did once use it for recreation,
when I was a kid, we were camping in our family camper, and my father saw a dust devil
coming down the road, so he stepped outside and discharged the fire extinguisher into it, just to see what would happen.

That was good. I hadn't seen that before- thank you! I passed it along to one of the folks I know that think guns will spontaneously leap up and shoot them.

When I was a kid I really really wanted to use a fire extinguisher, for recreational purposes.

In fact we did once use it for recreation,
when I was a kid, we were camping in our family camper, and my father saw a dust devil
coming down the road, so he stepped outside and discharged the fire extinguisher into it, just to see what would happen.

Well are you going to tell us what happened??? lol

Back
Top Bottom