• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Facebook deleted 619DW Guns&Ammo business page because of the store's mask policy.

I've been vaccinated and won't wear a mask outdoors.

Why would someone even wear a mask outdoors in the first place?

I see this all the time-usually f***wit kids going to Plymouth State or wierdo tourists staring at the big pond in Meredith like it's the first time they've seen water. It's bizaare-sort of like those women that drive alone in a car with a mask on or dudes that frequent glory holes.

As far as the store-the sign is pretty low rent, and the "we pull guns on people with masks" idiocy just gives all the antis more evidence that gun owners are a**h***s. If I didn't like him, I would be tempted to troll the store with a mask just to make him draw. but...his roof, his rules and I fully support the owner's decision. It's not like I'm driving that far south to see a gun shop so it doesn't affect me much.

OK, that's an entirely different vibe than what I was getting from the single printed 'draw guns at masks' sign. LOL the posters are awesome and show the guy has a sense of humor and is happy to trigger libtards.
That certainly worked here on NES, didn't it! [rofl]

Ehhh "We draw guns on masked visitors" is just silly... "No masks allowed inside" would have done the job...

Nope. The store tryed sign "No Mask Inside" for straight 8 months since August-2020, did not work for some, who decided to ignore it.
So threatening to draw on folks is the next logical step? Just seems silly to me. FWIW, I've always liked the shop, and would still visit if I was in the market

It's about a sign on a gun shop. None of this actually matters. If people don't like the sign they shouldn't shop there and quit bitching about it. It's fine by me, will be more ammo for me and everyone else to buy who has that shop in our rotation. [laugh]
56hl6p.jpg

So threatening to draw on folks is the next logical step? Just seems silly to me.

I smell a lot of people in this thread who have never run a gun shop.

I got out of the game just before COVID but trust me - you don't want to walk into a shop with a balaclava, mask, bandana, neck gaiter, or scarf over your face. I've had signs at both of my shops saying as much - it's not a threat, it's a serious and fair warning. A masked man waltzing in to a shop induces the same mental response in the poor fella behind the counter as when a police officer pulls someone over, and the driver starts rooting around under the back seat... there's a reason outlaws/bandits from 100+ years back and modern thugs/gangbangers of today cover at least the lower half of their face. "Yeah but everyone is wearing them now" I don't give a shit, if anything that's MORE reason to not want them casing or robbing your shop.

If you have a medical issue and need special accommodations, call ahead and make your case - remember, the shop WANTS your money. I doubt anyone has a problem with that other than the "muh equal access" bureaucrats... and even then while I see wheelchair ramps, I've never seen a state requirement for a "clean room" for those with poor immune systems. Trust me; a sign that's not memorable or doesn't suggest a serious potential penalty will be ignored.

My favorite day was when a fella in a tinted out black SUV pulled into my empty parking lot FAST, got within about 2" of the windows with his front end, then LEAPT out and took off running down the street... I was solo, the shop was empty (very early morning) and you bet your ass I had the AR off the wall and the police on the way in under a second. This was about a week after one customer had their new shotgun stolen by someone who fit the description of a guy later seen on surveillance tapes scoping out the shop.

No such thing as too cautious. Go to a bank with sunglasses and a ballcap on; you'll see it's not just gun shops.

I like it.

His store, his rules. At least this makes more sense than saying everyone must wear a mask, whether it is worn properly or not.

I'm perfectly content to not go in stores that make me wear a mask. Now the maskholes can have the same frustration as naked facers.

I smell a lot of people in this thread who have never run a gun shop.

I got out of the game just before COVID but trust me - you don't want to walk into a shop with a balaclava, mask, bandana, neck gaiter, or scarf over your face. I've had signs at both of my shops saying as much - it's not a threat, it's a serious and fair warning. A masked man waltzing in to a shop induces the same mental response in the poor fella behind the counter as when a police officer pulls someone over, and the driver starts rooting around under the back seat... there's a reason outlaws/bandits from 100+ years back and modern thugs/gangbangers of today cover at least the lower half of their face. "Yeah but everyone is wearing them now" I don't give a shit, if anything that's MORE reason to not want them casing or robbing your shop.

If you have a medical issue and need special accommodations, call ahead and make your case - remember, the shop WANTS your money. I doubt anyone has a problem with that other than the "muh equal access" bureaucrats... and even then while I see wheelchair ramps, I've never seen a state requirement for a "clean room" for those with poor immune systems. Trust me; a sign that's not memorable or doesn't suggest a serious potential penalty will be ignored.

My favorite day was when a fella in a tinted out black SUV pulled into my empty parking lot FAST, got within about 2" of the windows with his front end, then LEAPT out and took off running down the street... I was solo, the shop was empty (very early morning) and you bet your ass I had the AR off the wall and the police on the way in under a second. This was about a week after one customer had their new shotgun stolen by someone who fit the description of a guy later seen on surveillance tapes scoping out the shop.

No such thing as too cautious. Go to a bank with sunglasses and a ballcap on; you'll see it's not just gun shops.
I totally agree with you. I was greatly relieved last Fall when I stopped into 619DW and didn't have to wear a mask. Same at Shooters Outpost. I find the mask uncomfortable and fogs my glasses, so hate wearing them. Never wore them outside a store/business.

As for the bank, my glasses automatically tint, so when I walk into a bank they are dark. I wear a ballcap and it's never been an issue. That said, everyone in the bank I used in MA (CU) knew me and greeted me when I walked in, so it was never an issue. I was there frequently depositing checks to my business account. To date (2 yrs) DCU hasn't made an issue of it either (prior to CV-19 shutdown).

I totally agree with you. I was greatly relieved last Fall when I stopped into 619DW and didn't have to wear a mask. Same at Shooters Outpost. I find the mask uncomfortable and fogs my glasses, so hate wearing them. Never wore them outside a store/business.

As for the bank, my glasses automatically tint, so when I walk into a bank they are dark. I wear a ballcap and it's never been an issue. That said, everyone in the bank I used in MA (CU) knew me and greeted me when I walked in, so it was never an issue. I was there frequently depositing checks to my business account. To date (2 yrs) DCU hasn't made an issue of it either (prior to CV-19 shutdown).
In this thread, among other things, I learned that DCU is an actual place. Up to this point, I thought it was a totally online institution, as in "Digital Credit Union." Who knew?

Shooters Outpost eventually caved though, at least for a little while. I was there about two months ago and every swingin' Richard in there was wearing a face diaper. I was very disappointed to see that.

Shooters Outpost eventually caved though, at least for a little while. I was there about two months ago and every swingin' Richard in there was wearing a face diaper. I was very disappointed to see that.

To be fair, Shooters Outpost is basically run like one of the MORE cucked MA stores.

I wouldn't be surprised if they made you wear two masks and put a picture of a scowling Fauci at the door.

What I'm saying is, they're shit.

New windows decorations of 619DW Guns & Ammo:
View attachment 484368
Not that long ago, maybe 2 years ago now, before kung flu....but I can’t put an exact time frame on it (Keith probably could), they kinda toned down the window decor. I actually complained about it to Keith!! He laughed, and said I wasn’t the only one, but that the more toned down storefront brought in more customers of a different breed, ones that may have liked guns but weren’t as anti-commie as his usual clientele. I understood. Trump was president, prices were low as was demand for guns at the time (maybe it was 3 years ago?).

Anyways, I’m glad to see that they’re back to their old ways!!! Stick with what works!!

In this thread, among other things, I learned that DCU is an actual place. Up to this point, I thought it was a totally online institution, as in "Digital Credit Union." Who knew?

Back in the day, "Digital" aka DEC aka Digital Equipment Corporation, was a big shot in the tech world, headquartered in Maynard. DCU was created as a credit union for their employees, in Marlborough, and has outlived the company it was made to support by 25+ years. It's weird how their locations are located though, very scattered/clustered.

Don't get me started on the Ken Olsen paycheck shuffle... that alone kept me away from DCU, despite people saying they loved it.

Back in the day, DEC (Digital Equipment Corporation) was a big shot in the tech world, headquartered in Maynard. DCU was created as a credit union for their employees, in Marlborough, and has outlived the company it was made to support by 25+ years. It's weird how their locations are located though, very scattered/clustered.

Don't get me started on the Ken Olsen paycheck shuffle... that alone kept me away from DCU, despite people saying they loved it.

What'd they do, get people their pay in advance or something?

I have a play money account at DCU. My only complaint is they are more popular than they have branches. The branch in Fitchburg turns into a goddam dumpster
fire. One day I pulled up to the ATM and there was a line and a friendly cop said to me "there's no cash in that thing, deposits only" I thanked him for helping me not
waste my time. I think they had to pay for a traffic detail so the cars wouldnt spill out onto the road!

Back
Top Bottom