• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Facebook comment about gun ammo leads to arrest

DARIEN — A Stratford man’s comment on Facebook about a newspaper story on school shootings led to his arrest on a charge of disorderly conduct.

On Feb. 24 Raymond Moerloer, of Sedgewick Avenue, wrote, “Thanks for the reminder, I need to buy ammo,” on the story, which was about a planned walk out in support of gun control. Police received several anonymous complaints about the comment.

When contacted by police, Moerloer, 67, admitted to posting the comment but denied any intention to sound threatening. He immediately removed the comment after talking with police.

Based on their investigation, police applied for a warrant for Moerloer’s arrest. He turned himself in at police headquarters on Feb. 26 and was released on a promise to appear in state Superior Court in Stamford March 8.

Facebook comment about gun ammo leads to arrest

Wow. This is further motivation to keep me from posting anything outside of my usual comments on the weather, cool stuff my wife bakes, or posting the jokes that turn up on the tags of my tea bags.

Is this real? Fake news? Early April fools joke? Anything???

There must be more to the story... if not, I think "the end is near!" guys are on to something.

Be careful what snarky comments you make in the presence of the SJW crowd. This is modern day Witch Hunt/McCarthyism. Gun owners are going to get SWATTED with more regularity, as the extreme Left-wing Statists actually believe that owners of guns being killed will make them feel better about gun violence.

Soooo do these folk not understand that anything like faceplant, email, twitter and on and on, ya just don't do it. The days of reason are long gone.

(opps I just blew rule number1 ;))

Should be an article in the Onion, not in the CT Post.

But it's real. That wasn't a threat, not even close.
The "thought police" are here.

Be careful what snarky comments you make in the presence of the SJW crowd. This is modern day Witch Hunt/McCarthyism. Gun owners are going to get SWATTED with more regularity, as the extreme Left-wing Statists actually believe that owners of guns being killed will make them feel better about gun violence.
This.

There was a retarded Facebook rant on a Reading parents group last night. The anti’s were looking up the pro 2a people’s addresses and also tried to get them banned. I also learned that AR’s are “military grade” and hard to aim and it shoots a super bullet that causes devistating trauma. I had to delete the group

Quit social media altogether, it was created for situations like this (panopticon). The gov is always gonna $ide towards the left.

Interesting how George Orwell's 1984 was required reading when I was in school (maybe it still is), yet no one seems to realize it has arrived.
I really wouldn’t mind if they’ll have their “totalitarian police state” - just not f-n here !

The protective order garbage Linsky is whacking too will codify this bullying into law. Some anti doesn't like a NRA sticker on your car and all of a sudden, "a community member has reported a concern that you are mentally unfit -give us your guns".

The protective order garbage Linsky is whacking too will codify this bullying into law. Some anti doesn't like a NRA sticker on your car and all of a sudden, "a community member has reported a concern that you are mentally unfit -give us your guns".

Yep, ERPO is a legalized SWATTING bill.

Back
Top Bottom