• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Fa 10 scenario

426wedge

NES Member
Suppose you buy a new rifle. It is malfunctioning out of the box. After contacting the manufacturer, they tell you to send it in for repair. A few weeks pass and they contact you and say, " we are replacing the rifle because it has a serious flaw". A few days later the new rifle arrives with a document saying that they have replaced serial number xxxxx ( defective serial # ) with number yyyyy ( replacement serial # ). What do you do? File an FA 10 or what? Is that even legal even though you have a class A?

Last edited:
i'd register it doing the e-fa10, and un-register the old serial number. keep paperwork, yadda yadda. just to cover your bum, ya know?

edit: also, normally i believe they'd be sending the rifle in question to an FFL unless it's a C&R....from what i know, you cannot mail a firearm to a residence unless its a C&R transaction.

Last edited:
Legal? Yes.

Yes, file an FA-10 on the new one. If you already filed an FA-10 on old one . . . you can file an FA-10 showing the transfer to the mfr IFF you can find a paper form anywhere (good luck with that)!

Back
Top Bottom