• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

FA-10 question

I'm buying two C&R firearms and I will use the FA-10's to register them. My question is by using two forms count toward the four FA-10's I'm allowed per year?

Thanks [grin]

Last edited:
The four/year limit is only for outbound FTF transfers that you do on FA-10s. (outbound via dealer doesn't count against this) It doesn't apply to purchases or registrations.

-Mike

The above two posts are correct. This question has been beaten to death at least 500-600 times here.

Surely you are not suggesting people actually READ before posting. Such a dangerous precedent could shake the very foundation of the forum.

Look at the bright side - at least the OP found the correct section, which is more than many do. Just look at what gets put in the General section these days.

could i add to this? what if a friend had say 4 firearms confiscated status post an alleged assault charge, and now local PD has them. He wants to transfer them to some other LTC holder, but has already used up his 4 FA-10s somehow by march. How would he go about getting them out of PD possession and to the other LTC holder? FFL i'm sure has to get involved?

There is a statutory right to transfer when the guns are surrendered upon suspension/revocation of a license. The number of FA-10 transfers is irrelevant in those circumstances.

There is a statutory right to transfer when the guns are surrendered upon suspension/revocation of a license. The number of FA-10 transfers is irrelevant in those circumstances.
The unfortunate gun owner would have to act quickly and be lucky. Many departments have a very cozy relationship with "Sir Peter" and his extortion palace. Often times Dowd gets the first call, he hauls ass to the station and leaves with a vanload of some poor sap's guns.

If he's in this situation, you'd be best off talking to Scrivener officially and figuring out how to get it done, because otherwise those guns are going to be gone.

Back
Top Bottom