• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

FA-10 form

I am building/assembling my first AR-15. Bought all the parts over the last six months and hope to have it complete soon. I was told that I have to fill out a FA-10. I know when you buy person to person or otherwise you have 7 days to turn the form in. My question is, when I bought the lower receiver was I supposed to register it then or when the rifle is completely assembled. Right now it's in pieces but soon it will be operational (I hope).

Thanks

I am building/assembling my first AR-15. Bought all the parts over the last six months and hope to have it complete soon. I was told that I have to fill out a FA-10. I know when you buy person to person or otherwise you have 7 days to turn the form in. My question is, when I bought the lower receiver was I supposed to register it then or when the rifle is completely assembled. Right now it's in pieces but soon it will be operational (I hope).

Thanks

AGAIN, a bare lower receiver - or, for that a built lower for which you have no upper - is NOT a gun under MA law.

AGAIN, the FA-10 is filed only if, as and when you sell FTF or acquire/assemble a complete, firing gun or bring one acquired elsewhere into MA (unless you moved here WITH it).

Ergo, the FA-10 is required when your collection of bits and pieces has been, or can readily be, assembled into a functioning gun.

As has been discussed many, MANY, MANY times in the 14 months you've been on this forum.

Thanks

Congratulations on the build. However, according to forum protocol, it didn't happen unless you post pics. [smile]

That's an inside joke only shared with forum members. But we are serious about seeing the fruits of your labor.

Thanks for the help. Sorry for the repeat question. I was in a panic and did not think of doing a search. Someone told me I was supposed to fill it out when I got the lower, which was a few months ago. I'll post pics soon.

Thanks for the help. Sorry for the repeat question. I was in a panic and did not think of doing a search. Someone told me I was supposed to fill it out when I got the lower, which was a few months ago. I'll post pics soon.

Don't worry 'bout it. That's how we learn, by making mistakes.

Although, if that was really true I'd be the frackin' head of MENSA!

[rofl]

Dispatcher, gun shop guru or range commando?

Looking forward to the pics.

Here's a pic, as requested. The top one is a Stag with upgrades, the bottom is the build. Just ordered an M16 BCG from Spikes today so she'll be operational (I hope) soon. I think I'm going to put a different barrel on it. I should've listened when I was told a bull barrel is heavy. What I want is a 14.5" bbl without the 203 notch then pin a PWS FSC556 on it like my Stag. YHM is the only one I can find. Any opinions on YHM barrels or does anyone know of another one (Scrivener please don't scold me for asking this in the wrong forum. I figured since this was already started and I posted the pic and I tend to ramble)?

P1010259.jpg

(Scrivener please don't scold me for asking this in the wrong forum. I figured since this was already started and I posted the pic and I tend to ramble)?

Don't beg, it only excites him. [smile]

Those are some nice rifles there. I like the top one a lot.

Back
Top Bottom