FA-10 for C&R

I'm curious on how to fill out the FA-10 for a C&R purchass. Is there anyplace where I should state that it is bought under a C&R FFL, do I place the name of the company that mailed it to me?

Obviously all transactions will be recorded in my bound book (that's pretty straight forward) but of course Mass hates making anything make sence.

Thanks

-Weer'd Beard

PS: I hope this isn't a dupe, I was having troubles with the search feature

Yes, it has been covered but to the best of my understanding, fill the FA-10 out as a "registration" - no seller info. This is the same way you would fill out the form if you had travelled out of state in person to purchase a rifle at an FFL and then brought it back in state.

Another way to look at it is that Massachusetts doesn't recognize or care about C&R FFLs and the feds are the ones who control interstate transport and they are cool with your acquisition.

-Gary

P.S. If I'm wrong, then somebody please set me straight 'cause that's what I've been doing.

Yes, it has been covered but to the best of my understanding, fill the FA-10 out as a "registration" - no seller info. This is the same way you would fill out the form if you had travelled out of state in person to purchase a rifle at an FFL and then brought it back in state.

Another way to look at it is that Massachusetts doesn't recognize or care about C&R FFLs and the feds are the ones who control interstate transport and they are cool with your acquisition.

-Gary

P.S. If I'm wrong, then somebody please set me straight 'cause that's what I've been doing.
You got it right.

Unless you're purchasing it from another Mass resident, in which case, all the usual procedures for FTF transfers should apply, including buyer and seller information and the need for the appropriate licenses.

Ken

Back
Top Bottom