FA-10 - Antique and C&R registration

I've just bought my first C&R listed gun (have both C&R and LTC-A licenses) and completed the Massachusetts e-FA-10. There is no checkbox for C&R so how can mass.gov tell that this is not an illegal purchase?

Also, what is the point of the "Antique" checkbox since antique firearms aren't considered firearms in Massachusetts and thus don't need to be registered?

C&R is a federal designation only and has nothing to do with MA regulations. So long as you just checked "Registration" and left the seller information blank, it's none of the ma.gov's business where it came from.

I've just bought my first C&R listed gun (have both C&R and LTC-A licenses) and completed the Massachusetts e-FA-10. There is no checkbox for C&R so how can mass.gov tell that this is not an illegal purchase?

Also, what is the point of the "Antique" checkbox since antique firearms aren't considered firearms in Massachusetts and thus don't need to be registered?

Well, if you filled in the "From" part with the info for an out-of-state source, you did it wrong . . . and you may get a very unpleasant visit from LE DEMANDING info in an attempt to prosecute you for an illegal (Federally) transaction . . . even though the only thing you did wrong was to give "too much information" that wasn't required. The "law of unintended consequences" would be in play here. I have read of this happening to someone before so it wouldn't be the first time.

LOL, it seems that Jason Guida is "data mining" . . . he wants ALL YOUR INFORMATION, even if there is no statutory requirement or statutory justification for his "request" via this e-form site. Why do you think so many of us refuse to use it and advise others of the same???

Yes, it is an out of state purchase of a handgun that is C&R listed.

Which is perfectly legal, however see what I stated above.

C&R is a federal designation only and has nothing to do with MA regulations. So long as you just checked "Registration" and left the seller information blank, it's none of the ma.gov's business where it came from.

BINGO! This is critical. Screw this up and you could be in for a very unpleasant result. That's why I go over this and a ton more info in my MA Gun Law seminar, to educate people on what they should do and what info they should NOT provide!

It was only a Registration since it was out of state.

More to the point this whole process is somewhat shambolic. It makes the honest perfectly legal guy feel that even the smallest technicality can get him ...

More to the point this whole process is somewhat shambolic. It makes the honest perfectly legal guy feel that even the smallest technicality can get him ...

That's the Massachusetts mantra: "We make criminals out of innocent people, one stupid law at a time."

Make no mistake. The smallest technicality CAN screw you over for life.

Just remember anything fun, cool or exciting is probably illegal, unless you move a few miles north.

Back
Top Bottom