• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

F*** Smith and Wesson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got off of the phone with Smith and Wesson after asking them what their stance is on the changes to the MA AWB interpretation and whether they plan to get involved. They told me that they don't have a stance on the matter. I asked again just to be sure "So you're indifferent on the issue?" And they replied "No comment". It's great to know that a company that has had a loyal following in Massachusetts by lawful gun owners for years has turned their backs on us. I hope you're as outraged as I am. I won't be buying anymore of their guns. I hope you don't either. My advice is to pound their phone lines with calls or boycott their guns.

Isn't a good chunk of their business local PD contracts?
Pretty sure they've chosen their side already....Just remember that when it's time to "vote with your wallet"

Apparently they didn't get the memo that now all semi rifles with a mag, all semi pistols with a mag, and all semi shotguns are illegal. This means that they can't make them or sell them here. As for a boycott, we can boycott all the bolt and wheelguns they make.

I'd be telling my employees to say the same thing on the phone, particularly if the reports that AG has been sending letters to manufactures.

There is a VERY good chance they don't want to lose 20-300k customers after losing other states' market, and they just aren't willing to make a comment to random people on the phone. I'm sure they and their legal team are still very busy on this, so I wouldn't expect much being said publically until things shake out a bit more.

We're still very early in this ball game. They aren't going to be running their two min drill over the phone man.

It's been discussed on here before. If they are going to do something they are going to keep their mouth shut. This crap isn't going to get sorted out without legal action, rule #1 with that is to keep your mouth shut.

While it would have been nice if S&W had come straight out and denounced the administrative power-grab by the AG, one can understand them playing their cards close to the vest and not issuing an official corporate pronouncement. It's possible that they're hoping for a swift legislative correction that will obviate their need to take an official position.

At least they didn't say "No honest man needs more than ten rounds" like Old Man Bill Ruger did.

Guys if they are planning on litigating why would they talk about it what they think about it on the phone with a complete stranger?

Apparently they didn't get the memo that now all semi rifles with a mag, all semi pistols with a mag, and all semi shotguns are illegal. This means that they can't make them or sell them here. As for a boycott, we can boycott all the bolt and wheelguns they make.

They got the memo. The OP is completely misinterpreting the response he got. You all have to realize, we all are still trying to get a handle on what is and is not legal.

As others have said maybe they are waiting for they're legal team to make a judgement. But they were at the gun violence listening tour in Spfld at AIC . They bused in two bus loads of employees . And gave myself and another member S&W shirts .

As others have said maybe they are waiting for they're legal team to make a judgement. But they were at the gun violence listening tour in Spfld at AIC . They bused in two bus loads of employees . And gave myself and another member S&W shirts .

that environment was not as contentious as the one we are in now. You have the AG requesting customer lists from manufactures, ambiguous rules and plenty of threats.

They need to circle the wagons now

It's really not wise to comment on new policies that, well, are not well described and understood.

Me thinks it's wise of them to remain silent until the dust settles.

LOL, we are a dumb group aren't we. We expect legal challenges and defense strategies to materials over night even without a clear understanding of "what" has happened.... All at the same time accusing fellow gun owners and gun shops that they are not "truly" for the 2a if they are not exactly in line with whatever hard core stance that given individual has taken at that moment.

You wanna know why we loose? Because of petty in fighting and name calling throughout these boards. We loose because we as a group are happier to sacrifice the "cause" for the tiny bit of satisfaction we get in lording over others in our superiority in stance.

Go ahead, call S&W... What are they going to tell you?

Go ahead, scream for GOAL to do more quicker, what are they going to do, storm Healey's office?

Go ahead, yell Comm2A hasent done enough. What are they going to do, do 3-6 months worth of legal research and filings in 1 week?

We loose because the left rallies around a cause while we divide ourselves in our own self righteous arrogance

I just got off of the phone with Smith and Wesson after asking them what their stance is on the changes to the MA AWB interpretation and whether they plan to get involved. They told me that they don't have a stance on the matter. I asked again just to be sure "So you're indifferent on the issue?" And they replied "No comment". It's great to know that a company that has had a loyal following in Massachusetts by lawful gun owners for years has turned their backs on us. I hope you're as outraged as I am. I won't be buying anymore of their guns. I hope you don't either. My advice is to pound their phone lines with calls or boycott their guns.

I "know" for a fact that employees at S&W were asked to "Not Comment"

Management and lawyers will decide how to handle it, as with most companies.

Those guys came out in full force to the gun violence speaking tour. I'm confident they are on board, even if it is to protect their bottom line.

S&W is a public company. As such, they're not going to have random customer service people commenting on this sort of thing over the phone. If and when they're going to take a political stand, it will include a very carefully crafted press release vetted by many lawyers, following by litigation.

Keep in mind that the leading presidential candidate has already said she favors allowing 3rd parties to sue S&W for things they didn't do.

Last edited:
They got the memo. The OP is completely misinterpreting the response he got. You all have to realize, we all are still trying to get a handle on what is and is not legal.

I Agree, I'm positive they are developing a legal strategy. This is their home state after all, and if they get up and leave shop, MA will loose a lot of $$ from taxes S&W pays

Can anybody really be so naive that they think a company going to tell some random jabroni anything like that over the phone?

OF COURSE they're working on something. This is going to be a threat everywhere if it's not stopped here. They know that.

Good God.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom