F. Lee Bailey brash lawyer in high-profile trials, dies

Not sure why, but I always think of this guy when I hear F Lee Bailey's name.

pm-00012604d.jpg

He used to have a place over in Cohasset, either on or just off Jerusalem Rd.
Yes. When I was in my teens I worked at a place in Norwell that sold him a nice hot tub. I assisted with the sale, delivery, and install. Being 18 or 19 I had no idea who he was. Just a "big shot" as described by my boss.

I was about the same age when we did a job at one of his neighbors. My boss at the time kept going on about him living there and being a big deal.

I watched his interrogation of Mark Furhman a few months ago. impressive as hell. I kinda feel like he’s an evil genius type.

way too much time on my hands obviously, it was several hours long too

I met him one time on his boat when he pulled into Kingman Marine in Cataumet. He called my office to order a part and asked if someone could bring it to his boat. Would have taken a taxi but one was not available.

So jumped in my car and made the short ride, and he met me on the dock like he said he would. Went over to his boat to put the paddlewheeel into the knot meter for him. That took a whopping 3 minutes. Offered me a beer so sat around talking about boating and the Cape. Was onboard an hour chatting.

When it was time to get back to the office, he walked me back to my car and offered me some $ for helping him out. Declined the $ as I just had an hour out of a wicked busy office. He was very friendly and not full of himself like a lot of other high profile people I had delt with.

I met him one time on his boat when he pulled into Kingman Marine in Cataumet. He called my office to order a part and asked if someone could bring it to his boat. Would have taken a taxi but one was not available.

So jumped in my car and made the short ride, and he met me on the dock like he said he would. Went over to his boat to put the paddlewheeel into the knot meter for him. That took a whopping 3 minutes. Offered me a beer so sat around talking about boating and the Cape. Was onboard an hour chatting.

When it was time to get back to the office, he walked me back to my car and offered me some $ for helping him out. Declined the $ as I just had an hour out of a wicked busy office. He was very friendly and not full of himself like a lot of other high profile people I had delt with.
That's cool I always enjoy people like that... celebrity or not.

I remember I was working at some high end firm in Boston walking down the hall.

I was carrying something decently heavy and one of the partners was walking at me. I found out later he liked to walk on the wrong side of the hallway so people would move.

Well he wasn't very big 5'8 and not in very good shape and not carrying some tools up. And I am / was all those... so I didn't move like the rest of firm. He decided walking into me was going to go well for him. Then he berated me from the floor. I calmly just told him physics are real and kept walking

For all who poo poo him, he'd be the man you'd want as your defense attorney if your shit was hanging in the wind.

Back
Top Bottom