F. Lee Bailey brash lawyer in high-profile trials, dies

Say what you want but this the guy I'd want if needing a lawyer.

Very much this. Just like Dershowitz he had a great legal mind and it needed to stay busy.

I watched his interrogation of Mark Furhman a few months ago. impressive as hell. I kinda feel like he’s an evil genius type.

I remember this part of getting that testimony introduced:

Friend of mine was his pilot. Had to make an emergency landing on Plymouth Beach once. It was quite a news event.

Not his first, he had an emergancy landing while serving in Korea

He studied at Harvard College but dropped out in 1952 to join the United States Navy and later transferred to the Marine Corps.[5] He was commissioned as an officer and, following flight training, received his Naval Aviator wings in 1954.[4] He served as a jet fighter pilot,[6] and then began to serve as a squadron legal officer.[7

I met Bailey a few times when he was the featured speaker at Maine Polygraph Association seminars. Struck me as a pretty cool guy. Very approachable, with a great sense of humor. Most dapper.

Got the sense he might take a drink or two under extreme social pressure.

Bailey was an ardent advocate of polygraph testing. I believe he was a visiting lecturer at the Backster School of Lie Detection for a while, and was a qualified polygraph examiner in his own right.

In 1983, he hosted a reality TV show called "Lie Detector."

At the polygraph seminars, Bailey talked about his use of lie detection in many high-profile cases, including his defense of Capt. Ernest Medina for his role in the My Lai massacre.

That said, he wouldn't let OJ go near the polygraph. [rofl]

Bailey was a fantastic speaker, and was always a welcome presenter at polygraph seminars nationwide.

Not sure why, but I always think of this guy when I hear F Lee Bailey's name.

pm-00012604d.jpg
Flea couldn't hold Perry's jock (although Raymond Burr might've liked that)!

Back
Top Bottom