• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

F.E.D.O.R. - machines rise in Russia

Boris

Son of Kalashnikov
NES Member
I got to say this is 1000x times cooler than Boston dynamics ghey robot goat. Originally this robot was made as a sex assistant to astronauts, but then Russians said, screw it, robots need guns. SKYNET connection is not yet enabled. Lol @ testing with Glocks, I hope that robot is explosion proof.

https://sputniknews.com/military/201704141052641419-russian-humanoid-robot-uses-both-arms-shoot/

http://rbth.com/science_and_tech/2016/12/09/russian-android-robot-fedor-can-screw-in-light-bulbs-and-do-splits_655053

C9T0qnEXsAAQd1Y.jpg

C9UD2lSXcAEouiT.jpg

Here is Russian version of TSA robot learning how to cup your testies

testing_russian_humanoid_robot_fyodor_tass_1910068  2_b.jpg

[video=youtube_share;-DgARyHJz1k]http://youtu.be/-DgARyHJz1k[/video]

Mr. Trump, I challenge you to make American robots great again!

aot-terminator.jpg

There's a fair amount of specsmanship happening for the cameras. Lifting weights? Seriously? I don't see much that actually points to AI, which is where the real magic would be. I'm pretty sure it's nothing more at this point than a cool-looking mechanical repeater, with its human in a suit nearby for it to mimic.

In particular, I have trouble believing that it was "driving" that computer simulator without being told what to do. I don't think machine vision has progressed to the point where it can recognize and interpret 2D images on a screen to represent 3D objects the way a human brain can.

That said, it's neat from a space work perspective, as essentially a remote-controlled set of hands.

Sex assistant? What they do, run out of Russian hookers?

I think Boris posted this so that in a month when be builds a better robot out of a Teddy Ruxbin tape deck, pc98 system board, camcorder, discarded propane powered refrigerator, and a few salvaged RadioShack RC car kits, we will be most impressed.

This thread is gold. Though maybe I'm just easily amused this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Boris posted this so that in a month when be builds a better robot out of a Teddy Ruxbin tape deck, pc98 system board, camcorder, discarded propane powered refrigerator, and a few salvaged RadioShack RC car kits, we will be most impressed.

What no shovel? There has to be a shovel in that build somewhere.

There's a fair amount of specsmanship happening for the cameras. Lifting weights? Seriously? I don't see much that actually points to AI, which is where the real magic would be. I'm pretty sure it's nothing more at this point than a cool-looking mechanical repeater, with its human in a suit nearby for it to mimic.

In particular, I have trouble believing that it was "driving" that computer simulator without being told what to do. I don't think machine vision has progressed to the point where it can recognize and interpret 2D images on a screen to represent 3D objects the way a human brain can.

That said, it's neat from a space work perspective, as essentially a remote-controlled set of hands.

Obviously if it's going to look act like a terminator it has to look like Arnold so it needs to lift weights.

I might be in the minority, but I don't find that "sex assistant" very arousing.

You're seeing it without the wig...

...and the bikini.

BTW Boris, are you working with the Russians on the new Kalishnikov/Lebedev pistol?

The Kalashnikov Corporation, the producer of the internationally renowned AK47 - arguably the world's favorite assault rifle since its creation in 1949 - is planning to complete trials of the advanced Lebedev PL-14 pistol before the end of the year, it has been announced.

https://sputniknews.com/military/201703201051783531-kalashnikov-lebedev-pistol-trials/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom