• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

EZM Banned in Boston

Funny thing is, they led the damn parade 2 years ago. What's changed? Maura's anti 2a crusade? Insanity ensues

I'm sure Mr. Kraft will do exactly what he did with Brady...Show measured response...Oh! There was no measured response he just rolled over. Me I would just say Mayor you have a Million people lining the streets of Boston. EZM is not allowed to march...Well you figure out what your going to do with all those fans because there is no parade.

I'm sure Mr. Kraft will do exactly what he did with Brady...Show measured response...Oh! There was no measured response he just rolled over. Me I would just say Mayor you have a Million people lining the streets of Boston. EZM is not allowed to march...Well you figure out what your going to do with all those fans because there is no parade.

Exactly what needs to happen. There will be chaos in the streets if the boats don't roll with Patriot players in them.

Still waiting to know why before I'm outraged. It seems the city is claiming they aren't responsible?

Even a gun-hating liberal on facebook is sharing the fox25 story saying "I'm guessing this is because of the guns? That's ridiculous!"

Boston Strong?

2A isn't even for muskets?

What's the big deal?

Those old goats don't look like right wing extremists.

Wow! That is some BS.

Wonder if some special snowflake felt triggered?

patriots ought to let 'em ride on a duck boat but i'm guessing the organization isn't aware of the snub.

Sometimes I wonder how the real Sam Adams would've felt about stuff like this......

wow, just wow

Muskets banned in Boston?
Or the militia not have the right "papers" to be there. [wink]
What is Mayah Mahty worried about?

Do you guys even bother clicking links before spouting off? City said it wasn't their decision.

From GOAL:

GOAL has learned that the city of Boston has told the Patriots to exclude the End Zone Militia from today's parade because of "safety concerns". This makes no sense, they're safe in a stadium with 60K+ people, but unsafe in the parade?

This reeks of social bigotry towards the Second Amendment. Please give City Hall a call today and let them know how lame their exclusion of the EZM is. (617) 635-4500

You watch. It won't be long before the team will be forced to change it's name. "Patriots" is... you guessed it... another micro-aggression and "trigger" for liberal snowflakes. [thinking]

From EZM FB page

Gene Grella
29 mins
Rant of the Day

Well today is an easy one. I'm here at my day job instead of being on a bus heading to Boston to be in the parade with the Patriots.

The City of Boston says its about safety. They didn't want anyone marching. But they never spoke to us, consulted with us, etc. This was decided early on and I don't think it has anything to do with the weather.

I don't think they thought it through and I don't think Boston or The Patriots realize how much the fans appreciate the group. We've been doing this for 20 years now and most of that time we were 100% volunteer.

We don't make money off this. Most of us will spend far more on clothes, gun powder and muskets than we ever get in payment from the Patriots or any other organization.

We do it because we love the history of our country and this is a way to share that experience with others. You will see us all over New England and beyond at parades and reenactments.

And yes, we love our football team. Most of us are die hard Pats fans so we've managed to combine two things we love very much.

What we have with the Patriots is unique to this franchise and nobody in the NFL has anything like this. Like the minutemen before us we go anywhere the Patriots tell us to go. We do Revs games, UMass games, Cannon's games and even Red Sox on Patriots day.

I hope today will be a wake up call for the Pats and the City of Boston to perhaps be a little more considerate to the group in the future. As somebody who knows first hand. This community of resonators are great people and a New England treasure.

Well this may not have helped there cause...(I hope today will be a wake up call for the Pats) As we know the Pats hate being in the lime light...But he is correct Bob Kraft should have just said the Patriots do not march unless we have our EZM. Period end of story!

I'm betting it's more a safety-safety thing than a gun-safety thing. Don't get me wrong. . .

1. I'd prefer them to be there.
2. I've never gone to the parades. Nor the lame City Hall Plaza disasters that preceded it.
3. I really don't care either way.

But I suspect a long hoof and such, they can keep better control by not having anyone walking.

BUT. . . . . put em on a Duck for crying out loud! Sheesh.

More clarification on the EZM, it looks like they never corrected the shot detector

‎Geoffrey Campbell‎ to End Zone Militia
15 hrs · North Plymouth, MA ·
From Stephen Hale

After the bombing at the Boston Marathon one of the measures taken was a gunshot detection system and HD cameras the whole parade route. This system needed to be tested so they choose the Holyoke St Patrick's day parade. I marched in that parade with an all Charlieville line we used parade rounds exclusively. I know about the system as after the parade I was invited by the State Police to the Holyoke Fire department where command central was. They had an 18 wheel trailer with 2 pop outs, upon entering this trailer I saw wall to wall flat screen TV\s on far wall and every high ranking police officer in Massachusetts. When I came in the door everyone looked at me ..apparently I had set their system off each and every time we fired, they had every shot time stamped with a picture of me. SWAT had first had me in a the cross hairs in the KMart parking lot. The audio engineers had said a blank will not set off the system as there is no bullet going supersonic. They also said there would be no shock wave reflections from a blank. Now because I am religious about elevating muskets usually 45 degrees or higher no one gave SWAT green light. We spent half an hour in parking lot of firehouse firing muskets for microphones and audio engineers who assured us they could build a profile so system would ignore a repeat . There were handshakes all around and they thanked us for helping but I was still conscious of the trouble my musket shots had caused them, helicopters, trucks and rifle scopes had all been moved because of me. I suspect they were never able to differentiate between a good explosion and a bad explosion. The following year we decided against bringing muskets to Holyoke. We have not returned. As very few people have heard this story I thought you might appreciate knowing it. Please share with rest EZM I have the highest regard for what you men and women do. It's not you they do not want in the parade it's the boom. Best wishes from a brother.

Back
Top Bottom