EZ Luber

paul73

NES Member
any idea of who/when made this and if such a gizmo - or similar - still exists? looks like a pretty bright idea to me, as i hate to lube those cases by hand before full sizing/depriming them.

1656380353374.png

"The wheels take lube from the upside down Federal primer tray and roll it onto the case, via 4 slots machined into the tube, as it drops through the case feed tube."

look like a plane modeling landing gear wheels to me, i may even have some. hmm.

And just like that @andrew1220 starts loving Federal primer packaging again and becomes a multi millionaire.

I like this idea.

And just like that @andrew1220 starts loving Federal primer packaging again and becomes a multi millionaire.

I like this idea.
i like the idea too, as i processed around 300-400 6.5CM cases this afternoon. rolling them in the lube pad gets annoying quick.
there is also an rcbs lube die but i did not like it much.

i like the idea too, as i processed around 300-400 6.5CM cases this afternoon. rolling them in the lube pad gets annoying quick.
there is also an rcbs lube die but i did not like it much.
Did you try One Shot?

Not sure how well it works for necked brass, but it works great for straight wall big brass (.458, .460, 45/70). Without the lube it is almost impossible to resize that brass.

I also started using it for 9mm brass because some brass was sticking to the powder funnel a little, that solved it.

I usually spray the cases the night before and let them out to dry, then size and load the following day.

Did you try One Shot?

Not sure how well it works for necked brass, but it works great for straight wall big brass (.458, .460, 45/70). Without the lube it is almost impossible to resize that brass.

I also started using it for 9mm brass because some brass was sticking to the powder funnel a little, that solved it.

I usually spray the cases the night before and let them out to dry, then size and load the following day.
i have it and do not like it, it is not consistent. i got my routine worked out now, it is fine, but, to remove the manual element of lubing the brass completely would be nice.
automation rules.

i have it and do not like it, it is not consistent. i got my routine worked out now, it is fine, but, to remove the manual element of lubing the brass completely would be nice.
automation rules.
I hear you.

I found that simply using a large enough towel (white shop/detailing towels) with a spray bottle of lube (make your own) works really well for rifle cases. I simply put some on the towel, spray, then roll them around on it. I do have it all in a large container to catch any that try to run away. Dump the lubed cases into another container, repeat.

I simply put some on the towel, spray, then roll them around on it.
That is a box I processed today, I do not know how many is there, I measure it in time. 2.5 hrs. Deprimed, full size die, then trimming.
rollin it on a towel does not work. i got even more of 308 to go through, was postponing it.

Attachments

• C09C89B2-B33F-4474-8699-B5BF4A6EA753.jpeg
    C09C89B2-B33F-4474-8699-B5BF4A6EA753.jpeg
    672.6 KB · Views: 9
That is a box I processed today, I do not know how many is there, I measure it in time. 2.5 hrs. Deprimed, full size die, then trimming.
rollin it on a towel does not work. i got even more of 308 to go through, was postponing it.
Could always use a 5 bucket filled with thin case lube like home made stuff, drop in several thousand cases shake and drain.
I like to get the interrior of the case necks lubed up so I do a bulk spray and tumble in a box, if you shake it just right most of the cases will stand up and you can get a food spritz on the necks.
I did a lot of bulk loading 2020
Now its just a a hundred or so that I need for the cmp games.

I have a well used cardboard box that I dump the cases in spray and give it a good shake to mix.
Like @mac1911 says, if you shake it right the cases tend to stand up so you give them another spray to get inside the necks and shake again.

Not sure how well that "gizmo" would get the shoulder or neck but it certainly won't lube inside the neck

I just use a lyman lube pad after depriming and pin tumble. Put like 20 cases on it and roll. Repeat until 4k are ready for sizing. Then full size and a quick tumble in walnut media. Probably overkill but that's the nature of the beast.

Back
Top Bottom