• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Eyewitnesses allegedly say man w/gun arrested unlawfully in JP on 10/4

Is there something to read without having to click on a bunch of twitter links? I’ve already hit 3 of them and still have no idea what or how it happened.

No actual story that I’ve found but here are some cliff notes from what I’ve seen on Twitter

-Individual was walking down the street, plain clothes cops see him fiddling with his wasteband and assume he is armed. They jump out of the car and detain him with force
-Allegedly he was in fact armed
-BPD declines to take statements/ID when offered by witnesses who were there start to finish
-BPD basically says publicly “we apprehended the suspect because he looked like he might be armed”
-Judge isn’t present at bail sentencing and a clerk/magistrate sets bail at $10,000 which people feel is unjust due to him “not being a flight risk” and also that magistrate never asked about his ability to pay bail so it’s a violation of some statute

What a puke this academic idiot is. I'm sure he would have been just as accommodating if the perp stuck the gun in his face and took his cellphone.

I'm guessing the crux of the issue is that "looks like he was carrying" ought not be reasonable suspicion to stop and search someone in a state where concealed carry is legal. The fact that the man may very well have been engaged in a crime is immaterial, because the police had no reason to know that and the stop was improper.

I'm guessing the crux of the issue is that "looks like he was carrying" ought not be reasonable suspicion to stop and search someone in a state where concealed carry is legal. The fact that the man may very well have been engaged in a crime is immaterial, because the police had no reason to know that and the stop was improper.

One potential caveat to that is if the police knew the man and knew he was a prohibited felon.

South Dorchester?? Where the f is that. Never heard anyone in my lifetime call it that. Red flag to me.

The whole place is being overrun by yuppie liberals with their little muffin shops and rainbow flags. Southie, Dot, JP, The Hills, Centre St, it’s everywhere now.

The whole place is being overrun by yuppie liberals with their little muffin shops and rainbow flags. Southie, Dot, JP, The Hills, Centre St, it’s everywhere now.
Glad I got out of the area. It reminds me of the Agnostic Front song “Old New York.”

Is this incident a legal LTC holder who was arrested by the Boston PD for the simple act of carrying? Or is this just another criminal act conducted by the po-pos?

Back
Top Bottom