• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Eye Protection

I usually don't worry about this as I wear glasses, but can anyone recommend a set of shooting glasses that will fit over my glasses and function properly.

I have a pair of glasses from Dick's that I'm pretty sure will fit over glasses. They're just red plastic. If you have one close, might be worth a look.

Alternatively, if you have money to burn and a weaker prescription, Oakley does Rx inserts for M-Frames.

To add to my previous post, if you go the ESS route I have some never used RX carriers for them that I will sell half the price of new. I was going to get some lenses cut for them but then decided just to get contacts.

I am a believer in firm sturdy shooting glasses and not just basic safety glasses. My ESS' held up great breaking in one of my newer 1911's that for the first couple hundred rounds would eject a casing directly into my ESS'. They held up without so much of a scratch on them.

BassPro and other places sell "OTG" (over the glasses) glasses (brand/model are called "Cocoons"). They work great and cost $45 (seem to be price controlled, everyone selling for same price).

NRA sells some cheaper ones for $20.

Opticsplanet.com seems to sell the same ones as NRA (w/o logo) for $9 each.

We have the Cocoons and Opticsplanet varieties and although the quality of the Cocoons is obviously better (and more size/color options), they aren't worth $35 more IMNSHO.

Back
Top Bottom