Eye dominance

I must be an idiot... I swear I have done the eye dominance test a bunch in the past and found I was right eye dominant especially seeing as I am right handed. I have been shooting for years and have never been a sharpshooter but just marked it up to not enough practice. After doing the eye dominance test a couple time just now I am actually left eye dominate...

Any suggestions? Should I re-think my shooting techniques, keep doing what I have been, see a doctor...[thinking]

Do the old hold your index finger up so it obscures something (light switch, whatever), then close each eye and whatever one doesn't shift the image is your dominant. I'm right handed but left eye dominant.

What type of shooting do you do: rifle, pistol, shotgun? I'm right handed and cross-dominant. I don't have to coordination in my left hand to shoot lefty. For rifle I shoot closing my left eye. For bullseye pistol I cover my left eye. For action pistol I present the gun under my left eye and shoot with the left eye.

Mostly concerned about rifle, that is actually what set this off. I picked up my rifle as I was going through the safe, brought it to my shoulder and proceeded to close my right eye while lining up the sights. First time this has ever happened, kind of throw me off.

Back
Top Bottom