• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Eye doctors with experience for helping shooter in the plymouth mass area?

mac1911

NES Member
I been having problems the past year or so.
I couldnt see through my .040 rear peep with out seeing cob webs. switched to a .050 rear peep which seemed to help. Shortly after I struggled focusing on the .050 front post...Switched that out to a .072 which helped a good amount. I shot my best scores last year with this set up.
Best groups also.
Now this year I had a problem with the bull "vanishing" on me. I tried switching back to the .040 peep but the cobwebs where still there.... I had to switch to the .050 rear peep and the bull started "blinking" or contracting and expanding on me... Even looking down range at the black bulls (not through the peep) i had a hard time focusing and the black bull appeared a lot smaller than usually to me?

2nd item: Where can you get rear peep sights that fit a RRA upper that are in smaller increments? RRA has .036 .040 .050 and a .052 ?

I want to ask the same but for Maine. I like my current doc but he is not a shooter and does not understand what we need.
Dave

Back
Top Bottom