Extremely warm shooting gloves appropriate for handgun use?

I used to live in northern VT and hunt with my blackhawk. The best solution that I found is to wear TIG welders gloves - relatively inexpensive at any welding supply store - inside a good warm pair of large mittens. It is quick and easy to shed the mittens. The TIG gloves give an excellent feel of the trigger and grip, and are thin enough to fit inside any trigger gaurd.

i used to work at a place with a giant freezer (-10) (we would drive forklifts in there), one thing i noticed is that what works for one person doesnt work for the other.

ex: one guy loved leather gloves, i hated them cuz they got cold way too fast, and they also got warm very fast and would make my hands sweat outside the freezer.

i tried all kinds of gloves, even the ones that say "good for up to -20" (those are the worse, they are just crap), the best solution i found is: thin liner gloves, whith gloves a little thicker on top that insulate good.

for hunting i use regular hunting gloves, and on top i use the thick insulated hunting gloves, mittens, that ahve the top come off.

Back
Top Bottom