• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Extra Test today

Ben Cartwright SASS

NES Member
So I signed up for the Extra exam in Braintree at BEMA and for the last two weeks I have been spending 6+ hours a day studying on hamtestonline. Really was worried about being able to pass the test. I am or was getting 80%-100% on the various practice tests but still worried.

I got there and it was like an inquisition, there were 4 VE's and a person from BEMA, I was the only one taking a test. About halfway through I started getting a stress headache but fought through it.

I handed in the test and the surprise on their faces as they put the correction template over the answer sheet was great! They had to really search for the ONE question I got wrong! Of course they wouldn't tell me which one I missed (I got a 100% on the General back in April). I had guessed at a couple but the hamtestonline made it possible! I was also lucky I only had to use my calculator on one question.

I am now WX1USN/AE

One of the carrots I held out for myself was a new radio to do POTA activation's. I am currently going to use my old TS-140 to try it. I am looking at the IC-718, FT-891, IC-7300 or FT-710 I like the IC-718 as it is old school, more buttons than menus and that fits with my shack, but I just don't know.

000 020221230_210155.jpg

Congrats. Mine was the same way with all the supervision and the only one taking the test. Hurry up and get in the extra portions before your upgrade hits QRZ so you can use the /AE. Depending on how quickly they send it, it should get processed quickly. I want to say I tested on a Saturday and it was updated on the FCC by Tuesday.

PS. I hate to break it to you but your band privileges labels are out of date ;)

That's awesome!

I dont understand the secrecy of not telling the person what they got wrong. I got one wrong on the general and the guy nearly fell over backwards when I tried to look at the sheet to see which # it was. Like I would have even known what question it was by knowing it was #22.

The whole process is a joke but I guess it keeps the airwaves from being filled with even more retards.

That's awesome!

I dont understand the secrecy of not telling the person what they got wrong. I got one wrong on the general and the guy nearly fell over backwards when I tried to look at the sheet to see which # it was. Like I would have even known what question it was by knowing it was #22.

The whole process is a joke but I guess it keeps the airwaves from being filled with even more retards.
You'd think they'd want you to know what you got wrong. You know, so you could learn it and shit.

I still remember the question I got wrong on my driver's written exam a million years ago, and it helps me all the time.

Some people just get off on the perceived juice. Sadly. Yes the exam volunteers mostly are good guys, yet some act like the guys signing out burn permits. Nobody in town really gives a F about people burning cardboard in their yard except for the retard in charge of signing the permits out.

eighties-computer-genius-portrait.jpg

Some people just get off on the perceived juice.... except for the retard in charge of signing the permits out.
There's a better than even chance these idiot dooshes that sign the permits are the same ones we gave super wedgies and swirlies to in school. It's their way of getting back at us.

So I signed up for the Extra exam in Braintree at BEMA and for the last two weeks I have been spending 6+ hours a day studying on hamtestonline. Really was worried about being able to pass the test. I am or was getting 80%-100% on the various practice tests but still worried.

I got there and it was like an inquisition, there were 4 VE's and a person from BEMA, I was the only one taking a test. About halfway through I started getting a stress headache but fought through it.

I handed in the test and the surprise on their faces as they put the correction template over the answer sheet was great! They had to really search for the ONE question I got wrong! Of course they wouldn't tell me which one I missed (I got a 100% on the General back in April). I had guessed at a couple but the hamtestonline made it possible! I was also lucky I only had to use my calculator on one question.

I am now WX1USN/AE

One of the carrots I held out for myself was a new radio to do POTA activation's. I am currently going to use my old TS-140 to try it. I am looking at the IC-718, FT-891, IC-7300 or FT-710 I like the IC-718 as it is old school, more buttons than menus and that fits with my shack, but I just don't know.

View attachment 709426
Congrats!!! Alas, I'll probably always be an Advanced Class. I just haven't felt motivated to study for and take the test lately.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom