• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Expired LTC

Greetings,

Was just rummaging through my wallet...and I just realized that my LTC expired in the beginning of April.

Was hoping to get some advice for what my next steps should be.

I want to renew/get my LTC back, and I current posses 1 firearm. Live in Boston.

Thanks in advance for the help!

keep the gun stored away, send in your renewal, and congrats on getting an unrestricted LTC in Boston

…..can’t afford to take any chances in this state!!
yeah, and i also understand guns are not a part of some peoples lives like they are to most people logging in here at nes so naturally they wouldn't pay attention to that stuff. drivers license, another story. i've been driving on an expired license and had no clue. the pharmacist brought it to my attention when she asked for id. almost 7 months expired. oops!

Hello All,
I've had my LTC for about 15 years and it expires in October. I filled out the paperwork, wrote my check and was gonna stop by the Police station to hand in my application yesterday but the town I live in (Holden) has an appointment requirement.

So, like a good boy I go onto the website to schedule an appointment via a calendar-webpage and there are no appointments available (even into the Spring/Summer of 2023)!

Then I do some further research on the website and there's even a disclaimer regarding appointments that says:

"IF you receive a message that says "No Available Times" please do not call the station.
That message means there are no slots currently open. Please check back online.
Tip: If this month and next month have no open slots, future months will not, either.
Thank you."

Literal copy and paste.

Any suggestions?

Any suggestions?
that's f***ing nuts. i was just snooping on the web site and basically they said there was no hope of ever getting an appointment time. my city has more ltc's out than holden has residents. i made an appointment, paid the fee and received my new ltc in 4 weeks...in hand. and i don't expire until november. i almost believe that appointment calendar is down and not functioning properly. and they bully you from calling or going down the station to inquire. holden can't be that busy doing renewals each month. i'd go down and ask what the hell is going on and if they didn't want to tell me, i'd walk over to city hall to the clerks office to find an answer. that's a suck ass system they have.

Contact Com2a
Send a certified letter to the police department documenting that you are applying for renewal and are requesting to be added to the wait list for the towns required interview.
Include all necessary paperwork and the $100 check. Or drop off the check at your town hall and get a receipt (include a copy with the package)

Correct answer is in the second post. What fun is that? How is this supposed to turn in to an epic mega thread with quick responses like that?

Thanks Everyone.
I "disobeyed" the disclaimer and left a voice message for the licensing officer. Hopefully I'll get a call back this week if not I'll reach out to comm2a.

does the 40 day issue law also apply to renewals?

I would be on the agenda at the next Board Of Selectman's meeting with a copy of the Bruen decision, warning them if you do not get a renewed LTC in hand on or before the expiration date you will consider it a violation of your rights since you will not be able to carry a weapon, nor be able to buy a gun or ammunition until you have a valid license.

I would also contact Comm 2A in advance and keep them informed of the process.

Hello All,
I've had my LTC for about 15 years and it expires in October. I filled out the paperwork, wrote my check and was gonna stop by the Police station to hand in my application yesterday but the town I live in (Holden) has an appointment requirement.

So, like a good boy I go onto the website to schedule an appointment via a calendar-webpage and there are no appointments available (even into the Spring/Summer of 2023)!

Then I do some further research on the website and there's even a disclaimer regarding appointments that says:

"IF you receive a message that says "No Available Times" please do not call the station.
Tip: If this month and next month have no open slots, future months will not, either.
Thank you."

Literal copy and paste.

Any suggestions?
What a bunch of pigs, yes that is what they are. I would love to get to see that schedule.
I call bullshit on this entire statement.

Thank you."

Hello All,

Thank you."

Literal copy and paste.

Any suggestions?
Hello All,
Just an update on this one.
I emailed comm2a about a week ago and have not received any response.

A Sargeant from the PD called me and gave me an appointment. Very nice conversation. I'm relieved!

Thanks for all the advice.
Have a nice Sunday 👍

Last edited:
Hello All,

Thank you."

Literal copy and paste.

Any suggestions?

That's BS, what is there like 150 LTC holders in Holden and the subjects are supposed to believe they are all up for renewal this year?

That's BS, what is there like 150 LTC holders in Holden and the subjects are supposed to believe they are all up for renewal this year?
It hasn't changed. Despite checking for three months, no appointments available. Stopping in and politely checking with the young lady at the desk gets the response that I just need to keep checking. They will not accept applications unless you have an appointment.

I now understand why constitutional carry is so important.

Back
Top Bottom