EXPIRED LTC, HOW TO SELL GUNS?

DonP

NES Member
This may seem simple but I am new to all of this.

A friends LTC expired about 5 years ago. She has two guns purchased when she had her LTC. Now she wants to sell them. (She has no interest in re-applying for a new LTC).

What is her best option to dispose of these (or can she legally)?

I would be willing to take possession from her and then sell, but I am new to all of this and really don't know where to start.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

She can do a sale/transfer at an FFL. You would want to go along for the ride there since her LTC is expired...just in case she is stopped.

She could also try selling them on consignment at a shop (FFL).

Last edited:
She can only sell them thru an FFL.

If they are handguns and not on the EOPS List and secret AG Regs compliant NON-List, the dealer can't transfer them within MA.

Selling to a dealer, she'll get 50-60% of street value.

Putting on consignment, she'll pay 15-20% of selling price.

I just checked with Sarah Brady on this. Your friend can sell them at a gun show to anybody that she wants.

Obviously I'm kidding.

For goodness sake. Do the right thing and help her apply for the LTC. It's probably less work than selling the guns. We need more gun owners not fewer.

Take possession of the guns.
Find out what the guns are.
Figure out what they are worth in the real world (gunbroker completed auctions, etc.)
List them here in the classifieds. Make sure that "Must go through FFL" is noted in the ad(s)

If they're "nice", she'll only be out the transfer fees(s), unless she tosses a buck or two your way.

Of course, if they're non-compliant, this will not work, so find out what they are.

Back
Top Bottom