• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Experienced Glock armorer in NH/MA

I have a gen2 G19 where the slide lock notch on the slide looks to have been filed...for what reason I don't know. Otherwise it is in great shape. I'm hoping to find a Glock armorer with experience in this specific regard as I have heard that a template exists to guide an armorer in re-cutting the notch.

Pictures/more info here: http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1518459

Thanks,
Marcus

A guy by the name of Bill Lumberg did this:
We had a gun do that. But instead of homebrewing it, we took it to glock, who replaced it free of charge.
I know youre not suggesting "home brewing" but I've heard nothing but good about glock's customer service, and its usually free. Why not just pack the stripped slide and send it to GA?

I have a gen2 G19 where the slide lock notch on the slide looks to have been filed...for what reason I don't know. Otherwise it is in great shape. I'm hoping to find a Glock armorer with experience in this specific regard as I have heard that a template exists to guide an armorer in re-cutting the notch.

Pictures/more info here: http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1518459

Thanks,
Marcus

reach out to Lou at Business End Customs, he may be able to help you.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm going to see what Glock themselves can do, if anything, as I only want the notch re-cut and possibly touched up. Don't want anything refinished or replaced. If that goes nowhere I will start contacting local Glock armorers. Thanks again.

I don't think that is the sort of thing that an armorer would do. You need either a gunsmith or get Glock to replace it.

I don't think that is the sort of thing that an armorer would do. You need either a gunsmith or get Glock to replace it.

Starting to think you may be right. This isn't a run-of-the-mill type of repair a glock armorer deals with. Really though, it's pretty simple. Just need someone with a VERY steady hand and a dremel/file/stone to back the notch up a little back and create a wider ledge for the slide stop lever to rest against. I don't want the slide replaced or even refinished, just need the notch worked a little.

I love the commando guy posting in that thread admonishing someone for using the slide release lever, as though that would cause significant damage to the slide. I could see him getting puffy chested over the internet. [laugh]

-Mike

I love the commando guy posting in that thread admonishing someone for using the slide release lever, as though that would cause significant damage to the slide. I could see him getting puffy chested over the internet. [laugh] -Mike

I've only ever seen slide notch wear on one gun: my POS ParaOrdnance P14-45. Whether that was caused by using the slide stop is unclear to me.

It looks like the angle of the notch would make a slide move forward a lot easier from the locked back position. This could be from wear or it could be a mod.

IDPA or USPSA shooters modify the slide stops ever so slightly so that when they are doing a quick reload, just the force of seating a new mag simultaneously trips the slide lock and it immediately slides forward. This saves time on reloads while shooting a stage.

If it works , I wouldn't start removing more material from the slide because it changes the original geometry.

Thanks for the feedback. Not sure what I'm going to do. I have an email into Glock but haven't heard back yet, and according to their phone they closed up early.

Last edited:
I've only ever seen slide notch wear on one gun: my POS ParaOrdnance P14-45. Whether that was caused by using the slide stop is unclear to me.

Yeah... if slide stops caused lots of wear my Caspian Auto Ord mutt gun would be turned into slivers of metal by now.... its had the same like wilson? slide stop on it forever (and got used on every reload) and it and the slide stop have taken no real damage. That guns been messed up plenty of other ways in terms of wear, but that junction has pretty much stayed the same since I bought the thing.

-Mike

Bumping this because I want to replace the NY1 trigger that's installed on a recently acquired Glock but I don't want to pay $5 in shipping for a $2 part. Does anyone know of a dealer in NH or MA that carries oem Glock trigger springs?

Back
Top Bottom