• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Experience with S&W Model 625?

I've become a big fan of .45 caliber and have been reading up on the 625.

I haven't seen any used ones for sale in shops, nor on the forum. I've been contemplating ordering a Model 625 Jerry Miculek brand new, but wanted some local feedback or even a chance to shoot one if possible.

I have also seen some of the Classics and the night guard series at SW, but prefer this style for some reason?

Anyone have one?

What do you want it for? For IDPA, you need a 4" barrel.

Personally, I prefer pre-lock S&W, but most of the 625s pre-lock came with 5" barrels. You can have the barrel changed, but that's not cheap. I like my pre-lock 625.

I may try IDPA someday. As of now I am just an enthusiast that likes to shoot. I don't have many wheel guns (yet) and I want a .45 caliber. I'm also going to be reloading soon and want to mainly to shoot different bullets and recipes.....

I think the 625 is one of the best wheelguns out there. It can shoot 45ACP with and without (have to hand eject) moon clips, or use 45 Auto Rim ammo. Extremely accurate too. Take a hard look at the JM model vs a stock 625. Most don't like the JM wood grips as well as the higher cost of the JM model.

645pix.jpg

I have 2. A 5" and a 4".

The 4" was bought so that I can shoot IDPA but I also shoot IPSC with it so I've got the 5" sold.

Back
Top Bottom