Expecting a package from USPS - might be out of luck.

Heard it on the radio yesterday, they said driver couldn't swim, but was on top of the truck as the water in that small part of the charles wasn't very deep.

Ordered a couple of things from Amazon yesterday morning. Arrived last night.
Before 6pm.
I know Bezos is a turd but damn they ship fast.

I had one. Ordered a RO sander from Amazon after HD sold me a USED one in teh store. (A-holes).

"Oh, if you order in the next 2 hours, we can have it to you tomorrow."

Tomorrow. So like, not today, but the next day. That was last Tuesday.

Tomorrow rolls around. "We'll have your delivery from Amazon on Saturday!"

I go back on Amazon. They have FREE next-AM delivery for me to try. (Normally $3.) Or I can have it delivered TOMORROW for free.

So I click TOMORROW again. What the hell. Give it a whirl.

"We'll let you know when we can get this to you."

So, like, NOT TOMORROW??? LOL

Cancelled THAT order, went back, got the free AM-next-day delivery. 7-11 was my window. They showed up at 6am. With a sander they couldn't deliver until Saturday. ?????

And yeah, FedEx has sucked lately. They break stuff too often. Last year it was a case of wine. This year it was a case of 6" cast iron pans. No "Oops." Just "delivery exception." If nothing is done, the shipper won't know until they deliver whatever is left of the package to them a week or two later. I called the vendor and they looked. "Oh no. That shipment is damaged. I can reship now." At least FE got it right the SECOND time. With literally MINUTES to spare before I needed the pans. (Hence I ordered them a WEEK earlier than I needed.)

Showed my daughter this thread earlier Today.

An 18 wheeler took a nosedive into the Charles yesterday afternoon - news showed packages floating around in the water. Hope my dehydrated carrots weren't in there.

Wouldn't they just be carrots then?

Took the same offramp from the Pike onto 95 and I pointed out the Orange Cones to my smarta$$ 14-YO as we drove by. She started craning around in her seat and I ask her what the hell she was doing.

Her: "I'm trying to see over the wall."
Me: "Why? What do you hope to see?"
Her: "Carrots."

[rofl]

I buy some of my brass/bullets from GA Brass. They're in Hiram GA, (about 300 miles away). They ship USPS, typically the same or next day after my order and it gets here in a couple of days.

Placed last order on 02/11, it was shipped the 11th - next status is Atlanta/Peachtree on the 15th.

Showed up on my doorstep Monday afternoon, (2/28) - and the USPS tracking still shows it in Atlanta/Peachtree.

17 days to go 300 miles. I swapped email with the CEO when I figured the shipment was lost and he was quite blunt "USPS sucks right now".

I buy some of my brass/bullets from GA Brass. They're in Hiram GA, (about 300 miles away). They ship USPS, typically the same or next day after my order and it gets here in a couple of days.

Placed last order on 02/11, it was shipped the 11th - next status is Atlanta/Peachtree on the 15th.

Showed up on my doorstep Monday afternoon, (2/28) - and the USPS tracking still shows it in Atlanta/Peachtree.

17 days to go 300 miles. I swapped email with the CEO when I figured the shipment was lost and he was quite blunt "USPS sucks right now".
But of course .gov will handle nationalized healthcare much better!!!

"USPS sucks right now".

FedEx has treated me way more shabbily than UPS.

FedEx has left signature required packages with firearms at my front door and didn't even ring the bell and I was home. FedEx delivered a couple thousand dollars of electronics to the wrong address and wouldn't admit it causing me several weeks of grief and many phone calls to get everything squared away.

The worst UPS has done to me was deliver a package to the wrong address and when called they went and got it back and brought it to me.

FedEx has treated me way more shabbily than UPS.

FedEx has left signature required packages with firearms at my front door and didn't even ring the bell and I was home. FedEx delivered a couple thousand dollars of electronics to the wrong address and wouldn't admit it causing me several weeks of grief and many phone calls to get everything squared away.

The worst UPS has done to me was deliver a package to the wrong address and when called they went and got it back and brought it to me.

"USPS" - United States Postal Service

Been doing pretty good with my shipments from UPS and FEDEX.

Plunged, I guess the f**k he did ‼️
But to use alt.fan.don-imus media criticism terminology,
it was a "non-bus plunge".

(Most MSM "plunge"s are bus-plunges).

I buy some of my brass/bullets from GA Brass. ... They ship USPS, ...
It's people like you shipping abnormally heavy payloads like that
which cause trucks to plunge off of curving highway ramps.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom