• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

EXIF info in uploaded picture files?

I just deleted a few of my own pictures and re-uploaded them after stripping the EXIF info, since GPS coordinates are included in EXIF.
Does the new forum have an option to strip EXIF as Facebook (and most online services do) now a'days?
Besides my own pictures, I don't have a good test population... I searched briefly and didn't find any pictures with EXIF. Perhaps my very recent uploads (this afternoon) hadn't been stripped yet?

I previously had not held on to EXIF data, but this was causing orientation issues with pictures uploaded from cell phones.

The change to fix the orientation issue was to retain EXIF, but yes - this means that anything not scrubbed by the end user will be retained.

I'll see if I can find a happy middle ground, but this might be something I have to leave up to the user.

I previously had not held on to EXIF data, but this was causing orientation issues with pictures uploaded from cell phones.

The change to fix the orientation issue was to retain EXIF, but yes - this means that anything not scrubbed by the end user will be retained.

I'll see if I can find a happy middle ground, but this might be something I have to leave up to the user.

Geolocation data at the least should be scrubbed - I can do this with commandline utilities, not sure whether XenForo has anything built in to handle it... Hmmm....

Back
Top Bottom