• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Exeter, RI sucks

I keep checking the legislative schedule and all of the "gun bills" are still stuck in committee, referred back to committee with no newly scheduled dates for hearings. Who knows, they may even be dead... the legislature goes into recess in 1 month so if nothing happens by then we're good.

But then I saw this little nugget of shit:

http://webserver.rilin.state.ri.us/BillText/BillText13/HouseText13/H6160.pdf

Apparently the legislators also seem to think their slate of crap bills is dead but as we all know, Exeter REALLY does not want to issue carry permits. So their douche of a legislator has proposed ANOTHER bill, this one simply removes the Town Clerk as an issuer if the town has no PD. This effectively prevents Exeter residents from getting a permit any other way but through the AG.

Somebody in his district please send him love?

So, the question becomes, what are YOU going to do about it? PM me if you want some suggestions.

Apparently not quite dead... As suggested by... I wrote to committee members, only 2 answered, one was a roboanswer. Rep Craven seems to be on the ball with the issue, against it. It might flop around in the committee til the end of session, then die.

There is a recall going on on the 4 council members in Exeter that voted in favor of the resolution to remove the Clerk as a licensing authority. I hope you signed it.

Wish I lived in Exeter. Oh wait.... no, I don't wish that because Exeter sucks. But I do hope they recall their assh@]es.

Little tidbit about Exeter. They used to have a PD. But they did not like high taxes so they voted to sell the PD's only police car. When their constable/town cops could not get around town, they quit. PD dead. Nice trick but now look at what they have to deal with...

Back
Top Bottom