Exeter, NH Police, school officials sound alarms over 'Assassin' squirt gun game

mikeyp

NES Member
Police, school officials sound alarms over 'Assassin' squirt gun game

EXETER — Police chiefs from the six towns in School Administrative Unit 16 are asking Exeter High School seniors to quit playing a squirt gun game called “Assassins” before someone gets hurt.

The chiefs issued a joint warning this week about the dangers of playing the popular game, which is often played by seniors at the end of the year and involves teams of students who must track down their targets and blast them with a water gun.

Police and school officials have voiced similar concerns in the past.

Exeter students began playing the game in recent days. It’s a game that’s become a tradition on high school and college campuses.

Players pay money and try to survive the longest to win the cash prize at the end. The game generally involves two-person teams who must hunt down their assigned targets to “assassinate” them with a water gun.

Yeah. Go home and play Fortnite instead.

Gosh I recall 30 years ago in college there would be these all-campus games of this. Never did it b/c I didn't care, but it was pretty wide-spread. I think then it was just tagging the guy and taking his "hit" card. But you had to be alone with him or something. It was lone assassins back then. No one batted an eye.

Gosh I recall 30 years ago in college there would be these all-campus games of this. Never did it b/c I didn't care, but it was pretty wide-spread. I think then it was just tagging the guy and taking his "hit" card. But you had to be alone with him or something. It was lone assassins back then. No one batted an eye.

Remember this? lol Gotcha! (1985) - IMDb

“Our goal is to prevent anything tragic that could come from this game. Due to the safety concerns involved, we strongly urge students and parents not to condone this game and to end participation,” police said.
How 'bout this- just tell cops not to shoot kids with squirt guns!

“Our goal is to prevent anything tragic that could come from this game. Due to the safety concerns involved, we strongly urge students and parents not to condone this game and to end participation,” police said.
How 'bout this- just tell cops not to shoot kids with squirt guns!

But some kids could end up...wet! Think of the children!!!!

I never heard of this until last year when it blew up on my MA town's FB page. It appears that kids hide out all over the place, especially at night in people's yards (trespassing). My personal fear parallel's the police here. Someone armed with a real gun is going to see a dark shadow in their yard/bushes holding a gun (at night a squirt gun or real one may not be discernable) and a kid may well be shot for real. Remember lots of folks own and carry guns in NH, it's legal and no permission slips are required. Sorry but this has disaster written all over it.

Either change the name of the game to "Love Squirts" or "Happy Endings", which sounds friendlier...

Or, switch back to the original "water" game.

Water-Babies!
original.png
iu

They'd really crap if they saw us as late teens pass our target on the highway at 78MPH, swing in front of them, open the sunroof and a guy pop out and spray the target's windshield with a battery-powered Uzi squirtgun.

Of course, that never happened, so not a worry.

I never heard of this until last year when it blew up on my MA town's FB page. It appears that kids hide out all over the place, especially at night in people's yards (trespassing). My personal fear parallel's the police here. Someone armed with a real gun is going to see a dark shadow in their yard/bushes holding a gun (at night a squirt gun or real one may not be discernable) and a kid may well be shot for real. Remember lots of folks own and carry guns in NH, it's legal and no permission slips are required. Sorry but this has disaster written all over it.
It can be. Lots of the games have ground rules - Before 8AM or after 5PM doesn't count, or no off-campus 'hits' allowed, etc. Better to lay some ground rules than just ban it, 'cause teens will just take it off campus and out of school authority, then.

It can be. Lots of the games have ground rules - Before 8AM or after 5PM doesn't count, or no off-campus 'hits' allowed, etc. Better to lay some ground rules than just ban it, 'cause teens will just take it off campus and out of school authority, then.
Allegedly someone came home in my town and found an "assassin" hiding in her yard (and she had no clue), after dark. I agree that if you want to do this restricting it to school property with the police aware is the way to do it so that nobody over-reacts and someone doesn't get hurt/killed.

Squirt guns? We used to shoot BB guns at each other for fun. Not more than 2 pumps!!

People are such pussies.

My friend shot his brother in the arse point black with a splatmaster back in the day. The welt that left...

2 pumps?

Pussies.......

We used to pump it 10 plus

Hurt like a MF'er getting hit.....povided incentive to move fast and stay behind cover

Well... no one ever actually stopped at 2. As long as it wasn't breaking skin it was considered acceptable [laugh]

We just spent a lot of time screaming back and forth "THAT WAS MORE THAN TWO PUMPS!!" [rofl]

This was big in my town 7-10 years ago when my kids were graduating. I can remember heading off early to work and finding kids in my bushes waiting for my son to go out the door. I can remember my son leaving the house at 5:30 dressed in camo with a suped up squirt gun. Every player had to kick in $10 and the last person standing collected something like $500-$700.

They had basic rule like no breaking into houses or cars and everyone had a good time. I guess that's not allowed anymore.

School Administration wants the kids to learn a New Game that will last a lifetime, it's called... Submission.

OBEY1.jpg

Kids being kids, being active outdoors and social instead of facedown looking at a screen.

Can’t have any of that. Far too dangerous.

#CommonSenseSquirtGunRestrictions

The game was called Killer, and I started it at my school about 36 years ago I think... It got banned even back then...

Killer – The Game of Assassination

We played TAG. The Assassination Game.

It was not with water guns.

We had those air powered plastic guns that fired soft rubber bullets.

The local toy store - Kids R Us - was like an armory for that stuff.

Back
Top Bottom