• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Executive Order Gun Control. What?

Rockrivr1

NES Member
Ok, there's been a lot of talk on the news today about Obama setting gun control through Executive Orders. Sooooo, what orders exactly can he institute without Congress getting involved? Asking because I'm not sure how far he can reach on his own with no legislative involvement. Does an Executive Order also bypass judicial recourse?

I REALLY need to unplug from the news. I really do.......

They can be challenged in the courts. Two have been overturned. Might spare his communist party legislators the wrath of the voters in the mud-term elections.

There is a thread which defines what an executive order is allowed to do. No idea if its accurate. If it is then no, he cannot create law with an EO, only enforce existing law with it.

this " president " has ZERO interest in or concern for either the bill of rights, or the constitution of the United States. and has actually stated on more than one occasion that the constitution is a serious hindrance to the government.

Back
Top Bottom