• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ex-Marine arrested for pointing finger

The 60-year-old Vietnam veteran and former Marine was arrested at his home Tuesday and charged with two counts of disorderly conduct after two village trustees complained that, during a heated meeting, Kachka pointed his finger at them while wearing a shirt with a Marine Corps insignia that said, "Don't Move. If You Run, You'll Only Die Tired."

Trustees allege Kachka's thumb was raised and his index finger extended, as though he were firing a gun.

"It was repetitive," said Trustee Debbie Herrmann, who lodged the complaint against Kachka, along with Village Clerk Christine Kaczmarek. "Like a gun going off, cocking and going off again," she said.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/chi-tshirt-arrestmay02,0,2567314.story

I dunno about this. Seems to be there's a time-honored tradition in this country with regard to the use of fingers ....

Fingers.jpg

I'd say, as a LEO looking at it from just that piece, it's a BS arrest.

That said, if he was making a threat, either implicit or implied, that would change things. It's all dependent on context.

If you were not in possession of your hands prior to 1998, you must grind off your thumbs. Hands must be kept in pockets at all time while being transported in a motor vehicle.

My dad has always had the habit of pointing with his middle finger, even when he is talking and touches his face to muse a point...its the middle finger. Never really though about it until that Seinfeld episode and since then I'm always thinking hes giving me the finger.

I cant wait until I get to his age and can start doing that. Its going to be awesome.

If you were not in possession of your hands prior to 1998, you must grind off your thumbs. Hands must be kept in pockets at all time while being transported in a motor vehicle.

This is one of the funniest things I've read in quite some time!

The fellow asked a question at a meeting. A member of the board smirked.
He responded by gesturing with his fingers, suggesting a gun.
The complaint is about his "threatening T shirt" and his finger gestures.
I'm glad he didn't make a fist.
This all sounds like a petty complaint.
The more serious threat comes from the board members who do not answer to the public about what kind of deals they are keeping secret.
Best Regards.

Back
Top Bottom