Ex-Hudson gun shop owner gets probation

Prosecutors say Carrado, who owned K&R Target Sports, continued to sell firearms after surrendering his license in September 2010.

Carrado sold 45 guns without a license over a six-month period in 2010 and 2011.

Carrado surrendered his license after a former employee stole about 100 guns from the store and sold them on his own. Some ended up in the hands of a member of the Hells Angels.

The guy got three years PROBATION for this!

But yes, we obviously need more new laws to punish illegal gun sellers and prevent straw sales &/or purchases, right Mr. DeLeo & crew? To show how HARD Massachusetts is on gun crime?

The employee who stole the guns and re-sold them (causing the store owner to have to surrender his license), got seven years in prison. Sounds about right (???).

http://www.telegram.com/article/20130215/NEWS/102159634

"Carrado's lawyer said his client was a law-abiding citizen who was ''bamboozled'' by the former employee."
Based on this 2013 article, it sounds like he was bamboolzed and wasn't paying attention to what was going on in his shop.

So that's what happened to that place. I used to shop there. When they went out of business I just assumed it was because they were losing money, especially after the time they charged me $20 for what was probably at least half hour worth of work on my Sig.

So that's what happened to that place. I used to shop there. When they went out of business I just assumed it was because they were losing money, especially after the time they charged me $20 for what was probably at least half hour worth of work on my Sig.

Some smiths charge 65$ a hour. A friend was quoted that .

"Carrado's lawyer said his client was a law-abiding citizen who was ''bamboozled'' by the former employee."
Based on this 2013 article, it sounds like he was bamboolzed and wasn't paying attention to what was going on in his shop.

I heard that the employee did his illegal sales while Carrado was out of town for a month or so.

Last couple of times I was in that shop the guys running it were umm well shady to say the least. Some biker dudes were hanging around and they seemed a bit sketchy too, nothing against bikers. I asked about an Enfield's price and the guy goes into the back room comes out and say 900! Well the frigging thing was no where near the condition for that price.There wer a couple of other things I won't mention on an open forum. One thing for sure Corrado wasn't anywhere near the store.

The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

I find it difficult to criminalize anyone for taking a strict interpretation of the Constitution.

Sounds like he wasn't much of a businessman? That's kind of crappy the guy did that to him. Spending several months away from your gun shop without checking the book keeping definitely seems like poor judgement. Although I guess that only ended in the loss of his license. It was the sales after the license was gone that got him jammed up.

The whole thing seems pretty crappy. I'm curious if the 45 guns were just trying to liquidate what he had left to wrap up shop. Maybe he figured he was a private party at that point?

only allowed four FtF transactions per year without an FFL?

This was federal court. The four FTF transactions in MA is a state law, not federal. I don't think the feds define how many guns you can sell before you are "in the business" of dealing guns.

I heard that the employee did his illegal sales while Carrado was out of town for a month or so.

Ray's sister was sick in Florida and entrusted his business to a scumbag for a few months. Ray was a good guy and was taken advantage of. His show was the first one I went to right after I got my LTC. Always liked going in there.

Ray's sister was sick in Florida and entrusted his business to a scumbag for a few months. Ray was a good guy and was taken advantage of. His show was the first one I went to right after I got my LTC. Always liked going in there.

This.

Not only was his sister sick, but his brother was also sick and passed away just before or after, I can't remember which, so he was out flat supporting family for months out of the year. Kevin (the guy who screwed him) is also responsible for the "gun shop employee background check" amendment that just went around the statehouse.

Ray was a nice guy in a bad situation that was screwed over by people he thought he could trust.

Back
Top Bottom