• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Evolution Armory, Somersworth NH

For the last year or so I've been looking for a SUB-2000 configured for S&W 59 mags. If you're not familiar with this gun, it's made out of Unobtainium and milled on CNC machines powered by unicorn farts. They're hard to find.

So when I saw one on Gunbroker I was pleasantly surprised and even happier when I won the damned thing. And lo and behold, the seller was in NH! This is awesome, but he's an hour away. Normally that's not a problem but when I bought a couple of guns recently, my NICS check was delayed for three days. This has never happened to me before but the FBI for some reason recently classified me somewhere between "ISIS member" and "John Dillinger."

Why? I have no goddamned idea but if it happened on this NICS check I would have to drive home and then drive back, four whopping hours in the truck. The only way I'm driving four hours to visit a gun shop is if they have beer, strippers and free ammo.

So anyway, I sent off a check and asked him to ship it to Adam at Acme for the transfer since he's only 15 minutes or so from me. Evolution got the check, emailed to let me know and shipped it out immediately. I spoke with Mark on the phone as well and he was great to chat with. All in all it was a great transaction.

Here's his website: Evolution Armory.

And for the record, when I tried to pick it up at Acme I was delayed again. Fortunately it cleared a half hour or so later but I was already home. Grabbed it today.

I've not been to the shop, even though they're only about 8 miles from the house, but I need to. I've been afraid to go to any gun shops lately as I'm broke as shit at the moment, but I do want to talk to them about putting a set of sights on my XDm.

I did converse with them via PM here about helping them move a couple of machines, but it never worked out. I will definitely get down to see them soon. Glad you had a great experience.

I'm glad we could earn your business and thank you for the positive review. We greatly appreciate it. If there is anything else we can do, please call Mark. Ammo, accessories, you name it.

Jibber, we are all set with the machines. Got them moved in and running. I just relied to your PM. Sorry for the delay. I've been off the forum for a month or so.

Thanks again,

Dave

I finally got a chance to get in and meet Mark yesterday, as he had some unicorn tears, I mean pistol powder, in stock. talked for a little while, and Mark is a good dude. Seems very knowledgable on class III stuff, and he can't say enough good things about his gunsmith. Looking forward to putting the NFA knowledge to work and also getting some gun work done. They're also offering full cerakote service and talking about AR and 1911 builders classes. Great to find a shop that wants to do cool stuff and not just sell cool stuff.

Back
Top Bottom