• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Everytown spokesman goes off-script in Virgina

thorin

NES Member
Everytown has been spending staggeringly large amounts of money in two VA state Senate races happening next Tuesday. Most of the ads star Andy Parker, father of slain journalist Alison Parker. In the past couple of days Mr. Parker has gone a little rogue, threating Franklin County incumbent senator William Stanley on Facebook that he will "beat his a$$" and "be his worst nightmare". Gov. Terry McAuliffe apparently thinks threatening elected officials is no big deal and thinks Rep Stanley should 'man up' about being threatened. Parker issued a self-serving apology yesterday morning.

http://www.richmond.com/news/virgin...cle_e1fe7c32-353d-5f18-8647-2e0b851461e0.html

The only fault I see with Stanley is that he eventually "downplayed" it. He should've kept it severe. Sucks that his daughter was murdered, but he can't be paying non-violence with threatened violence.

One thing it seems gun grabbers have in common is their propensity for violence. They're typically unstable people themselves, and their irrational fear of guns is the fear of themselves owning guns and what they might do.

It seems like this father's energies are misplaced, and he would be better suited advocating for more mental health services.

One thing it seems gun grabbers have in common is their propensity for violence. They're typically unstable people themselves, and their irrational fear of guns is the fear of themselves owning guns and what they might do.

It seems like this father's energies are misplaced, and he would be better suited advocating for more mental health services.

Or possibly receiving more mental health services...

Or possibly receiving more mental health services...

Agreed. He's smack dab in the middle of a grieving process, he probably doesn't belong in the media running his mouth at this point.

Oh, and BTW, if this was someone from a gun rights organization that had threatened someone, I'm certain the response to "man up" wouldn't have been issued.

Hey, guys, it's OK, he only threatened to beat him with his hands, not a gun. That makes it OK.

we should hit him with some common sense legislation on the 1st amendment to protect people from having to hear his bad words. it's for the children after all.

Hey, guys, it's OK, he only threatened to beat him with his hands, not a gun. That makes it OK.

It's terrible that these lib clowns in the media are painting "unarmed" as if it has any bearing in being a threat. Hands kill more than anything else in murders.

I don;t know what bothers me more. Is it the fact that people continue to use horrible events to push their political agendas? Or is it the fact the the majority of people are not intelligent enough to recognize opinions vs. truth? Anti-gun activists continually push for universal background checks using examples of violent incidents perpetrated by people who (a) passed NCIS background checks or (b) would have passed. Their purpose is not to institute background checks, it's to start the process of outlawing guns.

If I was an anti-gun activist I would be embarrassed by the number of time Bloomberg organizations have been found guilty of making up false statistics and using them to push their agenda. They continue to use their Missouri background checks study as proof that background checks reduce crime rates after that study has been discredited numerous times and the repeated false statistics they release concerning "school shootings" would be laughable EXCEPT that numerous anti-gun groups continue to push them as factual.

If I was an anti-gun activist I would be embarrassed by the number of time Bloomberg organizations have been found guilty of making up false statistics and using them to push their agenda.

The sad fact is that many people today don't really care whether you use facts, opinions, manipulated statistics, or lies to justify their opinions and views. So if you replace 'anti-gun activist' with something else, you may find a lot of people fall into the same category, but with a different agenda.

The sad fact is that many people today don't really care whether you use facts, opinions, manipulated statistics, or lies to justify their opinions and views. So if you replace 'anti-gun activist' with something else, you may find a lot of people fall into the same category, but with a different agenda.
Agreed... which goes back to my original point. I am not sure whether I am more fed up with the people pushing their own agendas or the amount of stupid people who cant understand that is what is being done.

Back
Top Bottom