EVERY SHOOTER Should Get a C&R FFL!

[horse]

They can audit your collection once a year; but it cannot be unannounced, and it cannot be at your house if you do not wish it to be.

One must be very careful with what one reads on the internet.
FYI I just received my renewal notice in the mail. Mine expires March 1, so they give plenty of notice. I expect the renewal might trigger an inspection. The only thing it asks of significance is how many C & R guns you have bought or acquired in the last three years and how many you sold

At the beginning to the thread we are told to order the following application forms:
F 7CR and F 5310.16, which are both described on the atf.gov site as
Application for License (Collector of Curios and Relics) Under 18 U.S.C. Chapter 44, Firearms.
What is the difference if any between the two? Both have the other number in parentheses on the form line.

At the beginning to the thread we are told to order the following application forms:
F 7CR and F 5310.16, which are both described on the atf.gov site as
Application for License (Collector of Curios and Relics) Under 18 U.S.C. Chapter 44, Firearms.
What is the difference if any between the two? Both have the other number in parentheses on the form line.

Since I started this thread, the BATFE has modified their forms at least once and perhaps twice. I am also unsure if the renewal form is now the same as the "original issue request form", so best advice is to check the BATFE website and see what form numbers they reference.

I sent in all my paperwork after christmas (Dec. 27th), Check was cashed the second week in January and just my C&R in the mail on Wednesday. (Feb. 18) Basically - 7 LONG weeks waiting in anticipation. I thought it would never arrive.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

I sent in all my paperwork after christmas (Dec. 27th), Check was cashed the second week in January and just my C&R in the mail on Wednesday. (Feb. 18) Basically - 7 LONG weeks waiting in anticipation. I thought it would never arrive.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

Mine came in!! Someone sell me a Mosin

Mine came in!! Someone sell me a Mosin

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=57125

I have to send in a change of address form within the next few days. For those of you who have a C&R, and are moving, you're supposed to submit the change of address form at least 30 days before the actual move, and be aware that the address to send the form to has changed. It's no longer the Georgia address, but: ATF Federal Firearms Licensing Center
244 Needy Rd
Martinsburg, WV 25405
ATTN: Amy Millard

questions on Mass FFL and C& R

I notice your posting today , how do you get YOur FFL and gunsmithing for Mass ?

Thanks , Paulie

To get an idea of what can and can not be done with a C&R FFL, please read the following Open Letter to C&R FFLs by the BATFE:

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/011801ffl.htm

Call the local BATFE office and request the C&R FFL application, forms and booklets, or go to the following URL and order them.

http://www.atf.gov/dcof/index.htm

F 5310.16
F 7CR

You can download or order the following pubs (they will be sent to you when you get your C&R FFL anyway):

http://www.atf.gov/pub/index.htm#Firearms

ATF P 5300.11 & Update - C&R List (1972-2003)
ATF P 5300.5 - State Laws and Published Ordinance - 2004

Cost is $30.00/3 years. You need to notify your local Chief that you applied but you do NOT need your local chief's approval!

There ARE record-keeping requirements and BATFE can audit your records, but that is rare unless they are looking for someone/something.

I'll discuss the reasons you should do this in a reply.

Maybe I'm over complicating and over thinking things, but after I fill out the c&r app. do I send the top 2 to the atf and the bottom 2 to cleo. Or do I send it all to atf to be approved then send it to the cleo? I would call the atf, but they close before I get out of work.

I've seen it takes about 7 weeks to get the license once the paperwork is mailed but how long does it take to recieve the app once requested?

I've seen on the XD forum it taking 2 months just to recieve the app. Is this true in your cases?

Back
Top Bottom