EVERY SHOOTER Should Get a C&R FFL!

Whoa! Good to know!

And here is one that just popped up! 1965 vintage...

Dumb question I'm sure, but I searched around and couldn't find a definitive answer. I picked up a Swiss K31 from a local dealer earlier this week using my C&R. I paid him, we exchanged FFLs and away I went. I've already logged the transaction in my BB but was wondering about filing an eFA10.

I understand that if I acquired a C&R gun from out of state I would register it using an eFA10 (no seller info), but I wasn't sure if that also applies to an instate purchase from a dealer. Should I just file one just to be on the safe side? (and yes....I'm still within the 7 day filing period)

How can you not find that answer? Its been said 1000 times in this thread and others that you MUST file an eFA-10 on C&R guns you acquire. Period. No exceptions.

And remember, you have to do it the other way around too. If say you buy a C&R eligible gun from a dealer here and just do it the regular way on your LTC and FA-10 from the dealer, you need to enter it in your bound C&R book too. Federal rules and State rules both have to be followed. One doesn't replace or cancel the other out.

Well it looks like the Biden regime is already screwing with C&R FFL renewals by slow walking them. The ATF cashed my check weeks ago and still haven't sent my packet. Never experienced this much of a delay in all the years of I've had one from first application through previous renewals.

Well it looks like the Biden regime is already screwing with C&R FFL renewals by slow walking them. The ATF cashed my check weeks ago and still haven't sent my packet. Never experienced this much of a delay in all the years of I've had one from first application through previous renewals.
I renewed mine back in October/ November and it took about 6 weeks to get it in hand. My check was cashed right away.

Sorry if it’s already been covered but since you brought it up... Would a C&R SP01 be exempt from MA AWB since even though preban, it wasn’t in state prior to 94?

No he meant AR-14. It was a famous Biden gaffe.
iu

Actually the law makes reference to possessed via an LTC on or before the grandfathering date, but few seem to pay attention to that little detail.
I thought I had read it somewhere that’s why I asked. C&R an out of state SP01 and call it a day? Maybe grab an AK too?

Having a C&R does not exempt you from the AWB, right now that doesn't matter because anything old enough to be C&R would also be pre 94, but that won't always be the case.

Its seems that a lot of C&R people forget the third paragraph when deciding if a gun qualifies as C&R.
You can buy a brand spanking new gun with your C&R and have it shipped to your house.
For example, I purchased a brand new Ruger Mark II Bill Ruger Commerative pistol with my C&R.
This was a gun which "derived a substantial part of its monetary value .....etc."

To be recognized as C&R items, firearms must fall within one of the following categories:

1. Firearms which were manufactured at least 50 years prior to the current date, but not including replicas of such firearms;
  2. Firearms which are certified by the curator of a municipal, state, or federal museum which exhibits firearms to be curios or relics of museum interest; and
  3. Any other firearms which derive a substantial part of their monetary value from the fact that they are novel, rare, bizarre, or because of their association with some historical figure, period, or event.

Its seems that a lot of C&R people forget the third paragraph when deciding if a gun qualifies as C&R.
You can buy a brand spanking new gun with your C&R and have it shipped to your house.
For example, I purchased a brand new Ruger Mark II Bill Ruger Commerative pistol with my C&R.
This was a gun which "derived a substantial part of its monetary value .....etc."

To be recognized as C&R items, firearms must fall within one of the following categories:

1. Firearms which were manufactured at least 50 years prior to the current date, but not including replicas of such firearms;
  2. Firearms which are certified by the curator of a municipal, state, or federal museum which exhibits firearms to be curios or relics of museum interest; and
  3. Any other firearms which derive a substantial part of their monetary value from the fact that they are novel, rare, bizarre, or because of their association with some historical figure, period, or event.
I don't think they forget, I know I don't, but it's a very small percentage compared to all the mil surplus and other >50 guns out there, so it just doesn't get mentioned much.

Back
Top Bottom