EVERY SHOOTER Should Get a C&R FFL!

When it come to new guys asking questions I'm pretty easy going, but to be honest I'm geting a little tired of hearing the same questions especially when the answers are on the form being filled out.
View attachment 362636
see that "if any" part? do you have one of these? No, then guess what....... And even if you don't know what an EIN is, they give you a definision, just ask yourself, are you an employer, I'm guessing NO. So why would you have an EIN?

Sorry, sometimes it just gets to me.

Sorry for asking this but i thought this is what this fourm is for. Just like the hole preban question its been asked literally 100 time a year. Any ways thanks for the help im just asking because i want to make sure i have everything right the first time.

its not just you. These forms are simple to fill out if you just read the instructions! The only tricky piece of the whole thing is the business hours section. But since you are not a business, you're a collector, you simply write 'not a business' across those boxes.
You're right about that section. If they just put the exception notice above #12 and made it 12-17 it would be better.
1591405750091.png

Any idea on what the current lead time is?

I finally got off my a$$ and sent my application in on June 9th (if I remember correctly...), card was charged June 12th but I haven't received anything yet.

I'm in the same boat as you and smokingbarrel. Mailed June 10th, charged June 18th. Still waiting on mine. Looks like lead times are taking a COVID hit.
[/QUOTE Right now, The ATF examiners are working from home so things will take longer. Jack.

Last edited:
I just got my renewal paperwork a couple weeks ago. I've had my C&R since 2014 but I think I'm going to let it go. I haven't needed it in quite some time. Then again, it's only $30...hmmm

I just got my renewal paperwork a couple weeks ago. I've had my C&R since 2014 but I think I'm going to let it go. I haven't needed it in quite some time. Then again, it's only $30...hmmm
I've thought about letting it go too, but every once in a while I will buy something and it's a pretty painless renewal process and just $10 a year so I've kept it.

My understanding is that any C&R items you own prior to getting a license do not have to be entered into your book. Also upon termination of your license, any C&R items you own just become part of your personal stash. No need to submit the book to the ATF or any of that nonsense. You're just another person out there with old guns.

So what's the downside in letting the 03 lapse, rolling your C&R inventory into personal ownership and then getting a new license with an empty book later on?

My understanding is that any C&R items you own prior to getting a license do not have to be entered into your book.

Your understanding is only partially correct. Any C&R items you own prior to getting the license must be entered into your book if or when you sell/lose/dispose of them. You put something along the lines of 'from personal collection' in the From line and the regular info as to where/who its going to.

Also upon termination of your license, any C&R items you own just become part of your personal stash. No need to submit the book to the ATF or any of that nonsense. You're just another person out there with old guns.
So what's the downside in letting the 03 lapse, rolling your C&R inventory into personal ownership and then getting a new license with an empty book later on?

Why? What's the point of this? Sounds like silly paranoia. They're still on the books when you did the eFA-10 and on the books where they came from going to you unless you purchased only from private unlicensed parties.

Renew it, you never know when you might want to use it. You can have some Colt ARs shipped directly to your house now you know! More every year too.

Why? What's the point of this? Sounds like silly paranoia. They're still on the books when you did the eFA-10 and on the books where they came from going to you unless you purchased only from private unlicensed parties.
Just seems simpler to have a one-page bound book than an 8 page bound book. The FA-10 is a non-issue for those who do not (or soon will not) live in MA.

I've had the 03 for over 40 years now. I just renew it because if I find myself in another town before I croak, the bastids might want to see it to renew my green card. Acton could care less about it. I've never used it since I have the 07 anyway. At my last ATF audit, Lisa saw it in my safe and could care less. I think that ATF just forgot about me or don't care if they see no activity after all those years. They take the $30, though. Jack.

Just seems simpler to have a one-page bound book than an 8 page bound book. The FA-10 is a non-issue for those who do not (or soon will not) live in MA.

ok I can see that.

Good point by Jack too, it is a prerequisite if you want to get your green card here.

FYI I checked the mail today and, lo and behold, my C&R was there waiting for me. So, I imagine for smokingbarrel and Ultimate, you guys should get yours fairly soon.

Did they send you the C&R list too or do they not do that anymore? I got a bound book about an inch thick listing guns by make/model/etc that are C&R. It showed up a day or two before my license.

I renewed my 03 at the same time as my 07. It took numerous attempts to get the 07 mailed but the 03 still hasn’t arrived. I’m talking about 5 months.

Did they send you the C&R list too or do they not do that anymore? I got a bound book about an inch thick listing guns by make/model/etc that are C&R. It showed up a day or two before my license.

No, I didn't receive anything other than the actual license today. I haven't received anything else regarding the C&R unless it happens to show up later.
20200711_114547.jpg

I renewed my 03 at the same time as my 07. It took numerous attempts to get the 07 mailed but the 03 still hasn’t arrived. I’m talking about 5 months.

How long from the time they received the application did it take them to charge your card or cash the check for the 07 or the 03, did they charge one faster than the other?

Back
Top Bottom