EVERY SHOOTER Should Get a C&R FFL!

Follow the directions carefully for the Form 7/7CR as a lot of the stuff on that form is irrelevant for a collector (no business hours, etc.). I think that they rolled the compliance form info into the revises Form 7/7CR. Keep in mind that this form is used for every type of FFL, so it is not specific for collectors.

They keep changing the forms and on renewals, they send us a different form, so those of us who have had a C&R FFL for many years don't use the form at the website.

Follow the directions carefully for the Form 7/7CR as a lot of the stuff on that form is irrelevant for a collector (no business hours, etc.). I think that they rolled the compliance form info into the revises Form 7/7CR. Keep in mind that this form is used for every type of FFL, so it is not specific for collectors.

They keep changing the forms and on renewals, they send us a different form, so those of us who have had a C&R FFL for many years don't use the form at the website.

The one thing I knew was what to do for business hours, it was answered repeatedly.

Had the forms half filled out at one point years ago and tossed them when I realized the form had changed.

I got my renewal notice in mid January and sent it out. The delivery date on the returned receipt is January 21. I got my renewed 03 FFL in the mail today. I think that is fairly quick. My old one doesn't expire until April....

Last edited:
I ran a search of this thread but I still have a few questions on the application for a new C&R. I understand that this form has been revised by BAFTE multiple times. Hopefully someone who got their C&R recently can help me.

For Part A, block 9 (Describe the specific activity applicant is engaged in...) I put "Firearms Collecting."

For Part B, block 5 (Position/Title) I just entered "Collector."

Any issues with either of these responses?

I know a lot of people commented that they entered N/A in the business hours section. I wasn't sure if that was something specific to renewals or if the language on the form has changed. On my form Part A, block 12 states "Hours of Operation and/or Availability of Business/Activity (please provide at least one hour in which you can be contacted by ATF personnel)"
I don't see anything on the form or instructions that states 03s are exempt from this section. Right now I have 1-2pm on Saturday. Should I change it and put N/A in each day of the week?

Thanks

I ran a search of this thread but I still have a few questions on the application for a new C&R. I understand that this form has been revised by BAFTE multiple times. Hopefully someone who got their C&R recently can help me.

For Part A, block 9 (Describe the specific activity applicant is engaged in...) I put "Firearms Collecting."

For Part B, block 5 (Position/Title) I just entered "Collector."

Any issues with either of these responses?

I know a lot of people commented that they entered N/A in the business hours section. I wasn't sure if that was something specific to renewals or if the language on the form has changed. On my form Part A, block 12 states "Hours of Operation and/or Availability of Business/Activity (please provide at least one hour in which you can be contacted by ATF personnel)"
I don't see anything on the form or instructions that states 03s are exempt from this section. Right now I have 1-2pm on Saturday. Should I change it and put N/A in each day of the week?

Thanks
The application is for ALL FFLs, the rest of which are in business. Your responses are correct for an 03 except remove the hours. you dont have hours. you are not a business

Thanks to Derek and Jim (Shooters Outpost) I now have the milsurplus bug. My kid and I got in on the crate of Mosin the other month and had a great time cleaning it up. Dana who works at SO2 is absolutely awesome and has helped me buy a couple of items... so 3/3 I officially sent out my C&R application and the clock has started. I’ll reread this entire post again but I might have questions. As I eagerly await my arrival would anyone send me some PM’s as to who will deal with me considering I’m behind enemy lines. Also I need to get a good feeler on what is a good price and what is not. Please be kind.

Thanks for the link and I added myself to the email distro. Still trying to figure out what direction I’m heading as a shooter/collector. I’ve outfitted the kids with the basics to practice at the range and to hunt. Now it’s time to round out the collection and get some more fun range toys. Definitely going to be heading down the path for my green card in the near future.

That was my first milsurplus purchase a few years back and it was a great purchase. It came pretty clean but I had one of my kids do a full break down as a learning experience. Took him a bit but he got it done. Maybe I’ll start looking for a SKS to add to the collection.

So after my 5th Mosin and alot of reading on this thread I finally decided its time. I know its been discussed a million times but any advise on the process.

So after my 5th Mosin and alot of reading on this thread I finally decided its time. I know its been discussed a million times but any advise on the process.
And don't send the wrong copies to the CoP and ATF...... [smile]

They were actually pretty cool about it, the ATF guy emailed me directly and I emailed back a scan of the correct copy (with credit card info). CoP was probably wondering why I sent him my credit card info, but my guess is he just shreds them anyway.

So filling out the paperwork and have question about Part A. "3 Trade or business name , if any" Im not a business so does it stay blank? and "4 employer ID number". is that for my current employer or also left blank?

So filling out the paperwork and have question about Part A. "3 Trade or business name , if any" Im not a business so does it stay blank? and "4 employer ID number". is that for my current employer or also left blank?
When it come to new guys asking questions I'm pretty easy going, but to be honest I'm geting a little tired of hearing the same questions especially when the answers are on the form being filled out.
1591403892682.png
see that "if any" part? do you have one of these? No, then guess what....... And even if you don't know what an EIN is, they give you a definision, just ask yourself, are you an employer, I'm guessing NO. So why would you have an EIN?

Sorry, sometimes it just gets to me.

When it come to new guys asking questions I'm pretty easy going, but to be honest I'm geting a little tired of hearing the same questions especially when the answers are on the form being filled out.
View attachment 362636
see that "if any" part? do you have one of these? No, then guess what....... And even if you don't know what an EIN is, they give you a definision, just ask yourself, are you an employer, I'm guessing NO. So why would you have an EIN?

Sorry, sometimes it just gets to me.

its not just you. These forms are simple to fill out if you just read the instructions! The only tricky piece of the whole thing is the business hours section. But since you are not a business, you're a collector, you simply write 'not a business' across those boxes.

Back
Top Bottom