• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

EVERY SHOOTER Should Get a C&R FFL!

Do they check medical records? I read a post where someone said Hippa doesn't apply when dealing with ATF.

...put the tinfoil down and step back away from it...

No idea where your info came from, but BATFE certainly does not "check medical records" of 03 license applicants.

i got it from post 2187 in this thread.

Ah. I see.

How much time time do you think they actually have? You're giving permission to hypothetically let the .gov hypothetically check your records. They don't actually do so. It's there in case questions or prosecutions arise down the line; they do not check every applicant's medical history.

Last edited:
Do they actually send anything out in the mail after you change your address? It's been since July and I haven't received any response...

Do they actually send anything out in the mail after you change your address? It's been since July and I haven't received any response...

They are supposed to, they state that you can't use your C&R FFL again until you get the new one with new address. So I'd give them a call and have them mail you the new one.

Just realized my C&R expires in August. Damn those 3 years went quick. I'll most likely renew as its only $30.

As an 03, can I transfer eligible firearms from out of state to someone who can legally own them in MA but is not an 03?

If you mean receive them from out of state and then transfer them to someone in state, that would be acting as a dealer and prohibited for 03s. So that answer would be NO.

If you own a C&R gun obtained for yourself some time ago and some significant time later (years are very safe) decide to sell it, you can sell it FTF to anyone in MA. Still need to log sale in BB and do eFA-10.

Pretty good turnaround for the Feds.

Mailed application: 2/6
Card charged: 2/10
Received License: 3/4

Waiting for the package.

Now, could someone please explain to me why TF on the back of the license, in the Warnings and Notices section, it says:
3. This license is conditional upon compliance by you with the Clean Water Act (33 U.S.C. 1341(a)).
[rofl]

Pretty good turnaround for the Feds.

Mailed application: 2/6
Card charged: 2/10
Received License: 3/4

Waiting for the package.

Now, could someone please explain to me why TF on the back of the license, in the Warnings and Notices section, it says:
[rofl]

Congrats!

I think it means that if you get caught pissing in a lake/pond/stream/ocean that they will revoke your C&R FFL. [rofl]

. . . of course if this were to happen in MA, you'd be tagged as a sex offender anyway and lose everything.

Hi Folks,

I just realized that never received the documentation packet for C&R. Got my license certificate, but not the docs.

Are these still being sent out or available online instead. If online, can someone provide a link please?
If I should have received it, is there a phone/email/fax to request another set?

Thanks,
- G

Hi Folks,

I just realized that never received the documentation packet for C&R. Got my license certificate, but not the docs.

Are these still being sent out or available online instead. If online, can someone provide a link please?
If I should have received it, is there a phone/email/fax to request another set?

Thanks,
- G

It sometimes takes weeks to get. Probably a few CDs at this point (back in 1999 it was a number of hardcopy books). All this stuff is on atf.gov website anyway so you can DL it. BATFE no longer sends hardcopy updates (or CD updates) to C&R FFLs (unsure wrt 01 or 07 FFLs). Also if you attend one of the bigger gun shows, BATFE sometimes has a table with the CDs on it for you to pick up.

Also there is a phone number you can call, the one for licensing to ask for the docs or find out if it is on the way. I don't have it handy, but it should be either on the form you mailed in or website.

It sometimes takes weeks to get. Probably a few CDs at this point (back in 1999 it was a number of hardcopy books). All this stuff is on atf.gov website anyway so you can DL it. BATFE no longer sends hardcopy updates (or CD updates) to C&R FFLs (unsure wrt 01 or 07 FFLs). Also if you attend one of the bigger gun shows, BATFE sometimes has a table with the CDs on it for you to pick up.

Also there is a phone number you can call, the one for licensing to ask for the docs or find out if it is on the way. I don't have it handy, but it should be either on the form you mailed in or website.
Perfect Len;thank you!
It's been a few months, so I don't expect to get it.

Here're the links to the documents that I found relevant on the ATF site. If others have links to other relevant docs, please post them here as well:

Best,
- G

Do you put the address of the the CLEO were your LTC is out of or the CLEO in the town you reside? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you put the address of the the CLEO were your LTC is out of or the CLEO in the town you reside? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where you reside when you apply for the C&R FFL, by 1st class mail or drop-off. NO certified mail or receipts required.

My C&R is up this year for the first time. From what I read online I get a renewal form sent to me in the mail about 90 days out from expiration date. Have people found this to still be the case?

My C&R is up this year for the first time. From what I read online I get a renewal form sent to me in the mail about 90 days out from expiration date. Have people found this to still be the case?

Ask me that question in mid-May? [wink] I'm up this year as well.

Never heard this before. But I'm curious as mine expires in early August.

Yes, at least until 2014 they sent renewal forms (different from the first issue form you filled out) ~90 days in advance. No idea if they still do or not until I receive mine, should be by mid-August at the latest.

Nice to see other people getting their renewals so quickly. I mailed mine in November and just received it in the mail this week. I called a few weeks back to see what was going on and they said it had been "held for review" but they didn't know why. My guess is it got lost/forgotten about.

I just got my C&R so this isnt something I've looked into extensively yet. I could be mistaken but as I understand it there may be an advantage to allowing your license expire then re-applying. Unlike 01 and 07 FFL's, 03 FFL's arent required to keep bound book records from a previous license. So any previous acquisitions wouldn't be entered into the new bound book and thus would not be subject to inspection should you ever be audited. It seems a bit shady, but is completely within the rules of the system as far as I can tell. Anyone have the scoop on this?

Back
Top Bottom