EVERY SHOOTER Should Get a C&R FFL!

I just got mine, started (mailed) 1/11/16, received with one rejection for forgetting SS#/position and got it today (2/29/16).

Good luck.

Got mine this past saturday. Now ill have to sell some stuff off, to buy more stuff .[emoji379][emoji379][emoji379][emoji379][emoji379][emoji379]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just finished filling out the application. If I intend on keeping some of the firearms purchased with my C&R out of state at another house, do I need to disclose that on the app? I am not the homeowner of the other location, but the only person with access to the safe.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Just finished filling out the application. If I intend on keeping some of the firearms purchased with my C&R out of state at another house, do I need to disclose that on the app? I am not the homeowner of the other location, but the only person with access to the safe.

Don't lie on the form, if it asks about that then yes.

Refresh my memory about an address change? I have 30 days to notify ATF about my new address? I have my packet somewhere and I just moved and haven't dug it out yet.

Refresh my memory about an address change? I have 30 days to notify ATF about my new address? I have my packet somewhere and I just moved and haven't dug it out yet.

Notification is required no less than 30 days prior...

27 CFR 478.52 said:
(a) Licensees may during the term of their current license remove their business or activity to a new location at which they intend regularly to carry on such business or activity by filing an Application for an Amended Federal Firearms License, ATF Form 5300.38, in duplicate, not less than 30 days prior to such removal with the Chief, Federal Firearms Licensing Center. [...]

https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CFR-2015-title27-vol3/xml/CFR-2015-title27-vol3-sec478-52.xml

Sent out on 5/3/16
Returned on 6/6/16: I did not read carefully and entered "Country" where they asked for "County" (how many 4473's have I seen this on? duh)
Re-mailed on 6/7/16
Received today 6/13/16.
[party]

With C&R purchases you must update the bound log book and register online correct?
I am a brand new C&R holder obviously but as I understand it, I must now log in a bound book any acquisitions or dispositions that occur while license is in effect. If a MA resident you must also fill out the eFA-10 as well.

Others feel free to chime in if you see something I stated in error.

I am a brand new C&R holder obviously but as I understand it, I must now log in a bound book any acquisitions or dispositions that occur while license is in effect. If a MA resident you must also fill out the eFA-10 as well.

Correct. One is a Federal requirement the other is a State requirement. They have nothing to do with one another so you must do both.

You did excellent. Spot on!!

Thanks thats what I thought as well, just wanted to verify.

What's the process for changing your address? There's a ton of conflicting information online so I called the Boston ATF office, got transferred, and hit the voicemail of a random Maine number that I didn't feel comfortable leaving a message with personal info for.

What's the process for changing your address? There's a ton of conflicting information online so I called the Boston ATF office, got transferred, and hit the voicemail of a random Maine number that I didn't feel comfortable leaving a message with personal info for.

I think that instructions came with it, but you need to send the original back with either a letter or form (I forget which, sorry) notifying of the address change. They will re-issue with the new address, but you are forbidden from using it during this transition time.

It's been a long time since I've used this number but call BATFE directly at (866) 662-2750 and ask the exact procedure.

I just did an address change for my C&R... figured I'd share.

I used the ATF E-Form 5300.38....
just follow the directions.. it's pretty self explanatory... leave the sections blank that it tells you to for C&R.. include your original C&R.
Don't forget to mail a copy of the form to your new Chief of Police.
https://www.atf.gov/resource-center/docs/atf-f-5300-38pdf/download

Jul 16- Dropped off at Post office. I sent it certified mail just like my MA LTC stuff
Jul 21- Delivered to ATF (got the return receipt a couple days later)
Jul 22- my new FFL was mailed to me
(got it a couple days later)

Yup.. it was that quick..

I just did an address change for my C&R... figured I'd share.

I used the ATF E-Form 5300.38....
just follow the directions.. it's pretty self explanatory... leave the sections blank that it tells you to for C&R.. include your original C&R.
Don't forget to mail a copy of the form to your new Chief of Police.
https://www.atf.gov/resource-center/docs/atf-f-5300-38pdf/download

Jul 16- Dropped off at Post office. I sent it certified mail just like my MA LTC stuff
Jul 21- Delivered to ATF (got the return receipt a couple days later)
Jul 22- my new FFL was mailed to me
(got it a couple days later)

Yup.. it was that quick..
That's a fantastic turnaround time! It's been a few weeks for me...

Back
Top Bottom